cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015: What are your plans to get a good start in the new year?

Highlighted
Contributing Solution Provider

2015: What are your plans to get a good start in the new year?

As I'm thinking about how I want this year to be different for me and my business, I thought I'd throw the question out to you, my peers - What are you planning to get a good start in the new year?  Here are some of my thoughts.

1. I'm going to try to work smarter, not harder. I have some ideas I want to implement to further segment my customer/clients lists, for instance - to provide better targeted information for those who've signed up for my newsletter.

2. I'm going to reach out further to various user groups in my area and see about speaking to them about Constant Contact and Social Media. I know there are many groups that have been untouched in my area and this is my year to expand (and go outside of my comfort zone!)

3. I'm going to spend less time on social media and more time on email marketing. Given that I'm teaching people that email marketing has such a higher ROI (Return on Investment), I think this is the year to down-shift on Facebook and upshift on Constant Contact :smileyface:  

4. I'm going to ask my peers for their help and support. As a solopreneur, I tend to go it alone most of the time. Every time I meet up with someone else who works with Constant Contact, I learn a ton. So, I'll be doing that more!

Those are 4 ideas that come to my mind - if you have any thoughts, I'd love to hear them.  And, if you have any questions about how to get the most out of your Constant Contact account, please let me know.  I'm an Authorized Local Expert, and I'm here to help!

Happy New Year!

2015.png

Albert Kaufman - I am a master certified Constant Contact solution provider - here to help you make the most out of your account. Reach me @ albert@albertideation.com - here's to your success!
1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: 2015: What are your plans to get a good start in the new year?

Hi Albert!  

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on 2015.  As most people have probably seen, most of the articles around this time are all focused on what to do in the new year and how to stick to your goals.  I have seen before that by publicly stating your goals, it helps to hold you accountable to them and more likely to accomplish them!  

Seeing your thoughts/goals made me think more about my own as well.  Here is my list for 2015, so far: 

1. Learn new things.  I want to learn something new every month, even if it is small. I am going to focus on things that will help me with work, but also things that I am interested in.  I am hoping that by setting this as a monthly goal, it won't seem so daunting and like too much of a hurdle.  
  2. Set aside some me time to focus on myself.  This may seem like a selfish goal, but with all the hustle and bustle having time for yourself can get pushed aside for later.  I have been doing that too much, so I want to make this a priority, in the hopes that it will help me personally and professionally.  
  3. I want to put more into social media.  This is a complete 180 from your goal, but I want to do this to build up my social media sites and actively start using them.  I am going to be building up my Twitter account mostly and possibly looking into other options, like blogging.   

This is just a start to my list, and I hope that it grows throughout the year as I work toward accomplishing these goals and setting more!  Anyone else want to share their plans for 2015?