cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Ways to Sell With Social Media

Participating Solution Provider

3 Ways to Sell With Social Media

Online Amplification.jpgNow hear this! You can actually sell with social media. If, you do it right. Here are 3 proven ways to do just that.

1. Be totatlly transparent about it. A lot of people wring their hands over just how often you should post a blatant pitch for people to buy something. There are those who espouse the 80/20 rule. In other words provide value 80% of the time and you will earn the right to sell 20% of the time. 

Here's a much easier way. Create an account that's just for selling. This way you don't need to worry about providing great content, adding value or sharing other people's posts. You just sell, sell and sell some more. This philosophy is taken from email marketing where people sign up for a list because they actually want to be emailed coupons. 

I remember signing up for Subway's newsletter looking for good deals to be sent straight to my in-box on a regular basis. I wanted to be sold sandwiches.

Here are a few examples of this method in action.

Twitter Tweets that Sell.jpg

In this example you can see that Dell has created a Twitter account that's just for selling. If you follow this account you know you're going to get tweet after tweet of great deals on computer equipment. 

Here's another example:

Twitter Tweets that Sell Jet Blue.jpg

Same concept as the Dell account. You're following this account because you want to save money on air fare. If you want to sell on a regular basis, then why not be really clear about it and set up a selling account? Simple, right?

2. Offer great deals. Another way to sell with social media is to offer some really good deals. People find it hard to resist a really good offer. So, what I mean here is don't just give a little bit off; give a lot off. 

Here's an example taking this tip to the max:

Facebook Offers Lujure.jpg

It's kind of hard to see how Lujure could have offered a better deal. No wonder hundreds of people claimed the offer. Some may have skipped it because they thought it was too good to be true though. You do need to be careful about that. I don't typically recommend 100% off. Anything above 50% should grab attention.

By the way, this is an example of a Facebook Offer. You don't need to use a paid vehicle to make a great offer though. You could do it in a regular social post.

3. Use video. The fact is that the attention span of someone viewing social media posts is really short. Moreover, they are distracted by all that's going on around your post. Whether it's the Facebook ticker or the ever flowing stream of new Tweets or LinkedIn updates it's hard to stay focused.

This is where video comes in. If someone clicks on a video, then they're going to have to focus on it to actually get something out of it. The interesting thing about video is that it not only gets attention in a singular way, but people are used to being sold by it. We grew up on TV and its ad-based format. When we watch video online we're willing to be sold to if it's good.

The other great feature of video in a social post is that you can capture someone's attention for 30 - 60 seconds. That's a short video, but if you were to write out 30 - 60 seconds of text it would be a really long post that people would just skip over. Know what I mean? Use video to do your selling for you and you just might see better results.

Here's an example from my own playbook. 

Facebook Posts that Sell.jpg

In this post on Facebook I embedded a video that ran for a little over a minute. It's an obvious commercial for an event. So, if you watch it, then you're falling in to commercial viewing mode, which is exactly what I wanted. I'm actually more comfortable selling with video because it's the closest thing to me selling you in person. 

Well there you have it. 3 proven ways to sell with social media. You really can do it if you'll just be more direct about it in my opinion. I wish you success with these. Which of these are you going to use? Do you believe they could work for you? Let me know your thoughts in the Comments below. 

Speak Well and Sell
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable

Re: 3 Ways to Sell With Social Media

I agree that videos are very useful when it comes to selling. Not just as a selling tool but they can also rank well in the search engines when optimized.

Not applicable

Sin duda, el vídeo nos ofrece una seguridad a la hora de vender. Es cierto que el cliente con intención de vender se para más tiempo a ver con un vídeo antes que leer un post., aunque especialmente las redes sociales están contribuyendo a un aumento de las ventas considerable en los últimos tiempos.

Personalmente opino que no pueden faltar en cualquier negocio que se dedique a la venta.

Me ha gustado el post. Gracias.

Saludos.

********TRANSLATED BY MODERATOR**************

Certainly, the video offers a security when selling. It is true that the client intends to sell it for more time to do with a video before you read a post., But especially social networks are contributing to a significant increase in sales in recent times.
Personally I think they are a must in any business that is engaged in the sale.
I liked the post. Thank you.
Greetings.

Not applicable

Steadily increasing sales through social networks. Also greatly helps the search engines.
Thank you for the work you do.

Marie.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Thanx for this information Maria Bombillas Led

Tienda material eléctrico online
Not applicable

Thank you very much for this article, I found it very interesting.

I would like to provide the following information related to different ways of selling on the internet, that maybe users find it interesting.

In general, the most used platforms to sell on the Internet are:

1. Online stores. Either with own products, with dropshipping or affiliation.

2. A Youtube channel. If you have a large audience, it is one of the best ways to sell online. But this does not mean you should have a platform of your own.

3. A professional blog. Using a blog with hosting and domain as a platform to reach your audience is the most recommended and most used method.

4. A landing page. Combining it with advertising such as Google Adwords or Facebook Ads is the best way to generate online sales with this type of pages.

5. Social networks. If you only want to sell using social networks you must first focus on having a considerable number of followers and that these be of quality.

Elia GR
Not applicable

Thank you very much for this article, I found it very interesting.

I would like to provide the following information related to different ways of selling on the internet, that maybe users find it interesting.

In general, the most used platforms to sell on the Internet are:

1. Online stores. Either with own products, with dropshipping or affiliation.

2. A Youtube channel. If you have a large audience, it is one of the best ways to sell online. But this does not mean you should have a platform of your own.

3. A professional blog. Using a blog with hosting and domain as a platform to reach your audience is the most recommended and most used method.

4. A landing page. Combining it with advertising such as Google Adwords or Facebook Ads is the best way to generate online sales with this type of pages.

5. Social networks. If you only want to sell using social networks you must first focus on having a considerable number of followers and that these be of quality.

You can visit my webpage:

Tienda material electrico online