cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 Tips You Help You Grow Your Online Community

Highlighted
Solution Provider

4 Tips You Help You Grow Your Online Community

Email List Image.jpgThe following are 4 simple tips that will help you build and expand your email online community with the support of social media.

TIP #1 –

The Sign up Form

Some social media outlets such as Facebook give you options to include an email sign up form on your business page. Simple to create and implement, a sign up form is an easy way for people to subscribe to your email communications and can help you determine who you’re most invested clients are.

An excellent sign-up form that can be totally customized and embedded within your various online tools including website and social media is the one provided by Constant Contact.

Tip #2 –

Use Content Incentives

Providing incentives such as added-value content is one of the best ways to effectively build your email list. Many businesses use short e-books but whatever the type of content you offer, make sure it complements what you do.

For example, a digital marketer might offer subscribers a content schedule template to help businesses develop and keep track of social media posts.

Tip #3 –

Get Face to Face to Gain Interest

Knowing your audience (i.e. both potential and existing customers) is a key objective all business should have. If in-person meetings aren’t possible, consider hosting web conferences or meet online via a platform like Google+ Video Hangouts.

Hosting an online event enables you to share the human side of the business while discussing topics that relate to your business offerings. A lot of web conferencing programs also include a feature that allows you to add content (see tip #2).

Tip #3 –

Run a Promotion

Along with value-added content, other incentives such as contests, sweepstakes and giveaways are terrific ways to achieve your list-building goals.

A great benefit of hosting contests via social media is the ability to customize and choose how you want your contest to be presented.

Don’t forget to include a sign-up form that allows participants to opt-in to additional email communications such as your newsletter.

Bonus tip: If you haven’t already done so, be sure to get familiar with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) which outlines and enforces the sending of electronic messages, including emails, social networking and text-messages.

You must have a process that will help you receive consent from those who you would like to have as part of your online community.

Javed S. Khan is the President of EMpression: A Marketing Service Company that helps small- to medium-sized businesses learn about the power of online marketing. An Accredited Local Expert with Constant Contact, he is consistently the highest ranked presenter at conferences, workshops and chamber events across Ontario, Canada. 

To date, he has presented to over 7,200 business owners, entrepreneurs and professionals teaching the latest marketing trends and best practices.

Learn more about Javed by visiting him on LinkedIn

Javed S. Khan
Chief Business Marketing Advisor
EMpression: A Marketing Services Company

T: 416-889-6069
E: javed@empression.ca
2 REPLIES 2
Stan
Not applicable

Re: 4 Tips You Help You Grow Your Online Community

how do I add a name to a text community on an android phone?

CTCT Employee

Re: 4 Tips You Help You Grow Your Online Community

Hello Stan,

Thank you for reaching out to the community!

I see that you are looking to add a name to a text community on an Android device. Unfortunately, we are not trained in SMS functionality of mobile devices and will not be able to assist in completing this task. I recommend doing a quick web search and I am confident that you will find some helpful results.

Please let us know if you have any questions about the Constant Contact product and we will be more than happy to help!

-Curtis P
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!