cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 Tools To Make The Most Of LinkedIn

Highlighted
Participating Solution Provider

4 Tools To Make The Most Of LinkedIn

Allen Wrench Tool.jpgLike the turtle in the fabled race with the rabbit my LinkedIn network has slowly grown to become my most significant. With more than 600 connections I’ve now exceeded the numbers on every other social network but Twitter, which is really a different animal.

Last fall I decided to focus more attention on LinkedIn and grow my connections and commitment to the platform. This dovetailed nicely with LinkedIn’s own renewed commitment to making the network more attractive, useful and social.

I’m now very satisfied with the power of my network and am nurturing it regularly to ensure it stays strong. To that end I’ve found a few power tools to make my LinkedIn experience more rewarding. I’d like to share them with you.

1. Newsle  I actually discovered this free tool from a friend. I’d issued a press release about an event I would be presenting at and soon received a congratulatory email from a friend. I wondered how she knew about it. She uses Newsle. This tool clues you in to any connections who are popping up in the news. It’s a good tool to stay on top of what’s happening with the movers and shakers in your network.
  2. SalesLoft  This free tool sends you a daily email with information on who’s changed their headline or added/removed a job from their Profile. I realize LinkedIn has a similar notification service but I always found it to have too much information. The SalesLoft is short and to the point. I prefer it. This daily intelligence lets me know what top changes are happening in my network. Always good to know who’s on the move.
  3. Buffer This is a tool that you can use free or pay $10 a month for their Awesome plan, which is what I use. I feel it’s important to post something either helpful, inspirational or informational to my network each business day. I want to stay top of mind with my network and be seen as a giver in the areas in which I specialize. With Buffer I can schedule daily posts in advance. It’s a super simple tool to use and you get analytics to see how many people clicked on any links you posted. They do a good job of including pictures with posts, too. You can also use Buffer to schedule posts to LinkedIn Groups. Posting to Company Pages isn’t a feature yet, but I hope it will be in the near future as the team at Buffer is always improving the tool.
  4. LinkedIn Premium Admittedly this is not an outside tool and it does cost real money every month. I used to think it wasn’t all that important to have the ability to send a few InMails every month, but it’s quickly become essential. I now use InMail to connect with prospects for potential business as well as volunteer work I do with my local Rotary club. For example, I’m the Speaker Chair for my club and am always looking for great speakers for club meetings. I use InMail to directly approach someone who looks good, but I’m not connected to. It’s faster than trying to go through others in my network and if they don’t respond I get my InMail credit back. A win-win tool from LinkedIn that I probably won’t be giving up anytime soon. Having greater Profile visibility of those I’m not connected to is nice, too.

If your LinkedIn network is becoming more important to you, then maybe it’s time you added a few tools to your quiver to power it up. If there’s a favorite tool you use that I didn’t mention would you please share it in the Comments? I’d love to hear about it.

Speak Well and Sell
3 REPLIES 3
Not applicable

Re: 4 Tools To Make The Most Of LinkedIn

Thanks for including SalesLoft. I'm also a huge fan of the other tools as well. If anyone has any questions about these, please feel free to email support@salesloft.com. We're quick to respond

Not applicable

Great find with Newsle. I'd never heard of that before, pretty cool. Thx for sharing.

Participating Solution Provider

Kyle, Absolutely! It's a tool I picked up using really quickly and it's helpful. Thank you for creating it and being so responsive. Looking forward to using more of your tools in the future.

Ian, You're very welcome! I hope you find it as useful as I do.

Speak Well and Sell