Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type.
Showing results for
Search instead for
Did you mean:
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.
Here's your step-by-step guide to creating and maintaining a fantastic e-mail list.
1) Create a Promotion: Politely asking for e-mails isn't enough to motivate subscribers these days—even with paying customers! Unfortunately, thanks to issues with spamming, people tend to be rather protective of their e-mail addresses (because, let's face it, no one wants risk getting an inbox full of spam!). That's why enticing potential subscribers with incentives such as a free e-book, member's only newsletter, promotion code/discount, contests or giveaways can be super helpful.
Making sure that your incentive lines up with your brand image is even better—so if you're a travel company, giving away a trip to Costa Rica will be sure to demonstrate not only what your brand is but also a fabulous reason for subscribers to get on board. Don't have the money for a all-expenses paid getaway? Pair up with another company to combine finances and subscribers!
2) Spread the Word: This is where social media is rather handy—let your followers (aka people who are already fans of your brand!) know you've got something special for subscribers. This way non-subscribing followers have the know-how to get e-mail access and they can also help to spread the word on their own social media accounts.
3) Get Confirmation: Be fair to your new subscribers and give them the opportunity to confirm their subscription. This way there's no surprises once your content starts appearing in their inboxes. That, and having a "Success" page is a great way to redirect subscribers back to your website after they've confirmed their subscriptions!
4) Have A Strategy: Just as it's important to make sure you have your subscribers confirmations, it's equally important to make sure you've got a plan of action for consistent content in the future. The key here is getting your new subscribers to engage with the e-mail content by leading them back to your website. It's also important to make sure that your e-mail content has easy, shareable links, like tweet to share buttons and "likes" for Facebook to encourage content visibility.
5) Edit and Maintain: Be sure to monitor the content you send out over time to ensure that it's meeting the interests of your growing audience. Also be sure that your website is up-to-date and equally reflective of the e-mail content you've been providing. After all your hard work to get these subscribers on board, the last thing you want is for them to lose faith or interest because of inconsistencies or poorly thought out content.
What other tips or tricks do you rely on to grow your subscribers list? Share with us on Facebook and Twitter!
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am-8pm ET, Sat 10am-8pm ET, & Sun 10am-6pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!