cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
In recognition of Martin Luther King Day, our Support Centers will be open with limited hours on Monday (1/20) from 10AM ET to 6PM ET.
Visit our Help Center to see all of the ways you can find answers to your questions.

5 Reasons Why Email Marketing Is Here To Stay

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

5 Reasons Why Email Marketing Is Here To Stay

With the increased adoption of social media marketing on channels like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Instagram, some people might think that Email Marketing has seen its day. I can confidently tell you that those are the people you don't want running your marketing strategy! Despite the rise in social and mobile engagement marketing, Email Marketing is still as effective as ever. In fact, according to recent reports (including the 2015 State of Marketing Report from Salesforce) those businesses that leverage Email Marketing regularly in their marketing strategy are seeing a significant impact on their ROIs (Returns on Investment.) 

Here are 5 reasons why Email Marketing is here to stay:

1. People Want To Receive Email: According to eMarketer, 69.7% of US internet users prefer to communicate with businesses via Email. It's easier to digest, doesn't interrupt, and can be read anywhere at anytime.

2. Most Marketers Rely on Email Marketing: Just over 73% of marketers surveyed agree that Email Marketing is core to their businesses. Similarly, 74% of marketers believe Email produces or will produce ROI in the future. If that many marketers believe in Email Marketing, then it must be netting substantial results. 

3.  Email Marketing Budgets Will Increase in 2015: Because Email Marketing works, businesses are willing to put more money into it. Anecdotally, we at BJC Branding are already seeing this with our own clients - leveraging more custom designed templates and building out weekly, bi-weekly or monthly Email packages. According to the survey, 59% of marketers plan to increase their Email Marketing budgets in 2015.

4. "If You Send It, They Will Buy": Email Marketing has a profound influence over buying decisions. 66% of consumers have made a purchase online as a result of an Email. Moreover, 70% of consumers make mobile purchasing decisions based upon promotional Emails.

5. The ROI is Gangbusters!: The average ROI for Email Marketing is over $44 per $1 spent. A wise client once told me, "If I pay you $1,000, and you can make me $1,001, then I've made a positive investment." True as that is, I wouldn't have a thriving digital marketing agency if I only made my clients $1 profit on a $1,000 investment. Instead, by making Email Marketing an essential piece of our integrated marketing strategy, we've brought countless clients substantial returns. I can say with confidence that Email Marketing is a major factor in our client retention. 

There you have it: 5 Reasons Why Email Marketing Is Here To Stay! Have more reasons? I'd love to hear them! Add them to the comment section below. 

Best,

Bryan
--------
Bryan Caplan
CEO, BJC Branding
Master Certified Local Expert, Constant Contact

Phone: (781) 349-5444
Email: bryan@bjcbranding.com

BJC Branding - Master Certified Expert - Constant Contact