5 Tips for Using Social Media as a Customer Service Tool
Social Media has turned from a place for people to complain about bad experiences into a vast land of opportunity for you to WOW your customers, clients, and partners. We, at Constant Contact, handle Customer Support via all of our Social Media channels and it's really a great way to reach everyone.
Scott Levy's social media firm teaches brands on how to engage with their consumers and how to best do Customer Service via Social. And he has shared 5 tips in the Daily Dose on Entrepreneur.com:
1. When using Twitter, create a secondary account specifically for customer service. We do this too. @ConstantContact provides all of our Marketing and @CTCTHelp is for customer service. We answer all customer support inquiries and praise.
2. Reply quickly: We like to reply within 10 minutes of the tweet, though we have a set time of 1 hour for turnaround.
3. Let the customer know who they are engaging with. With each tweet we send or post on Facebook, we either add our initials (^MR) or our full name (Marissa).
4. Reply in a friendly and helpful manner. I really hope I convey this in everything I tweet and post.
5. Create a system of checks and balances. We recently integrated with SalesForce and have been using HootSuite to monitor between all of our teams and social networks.
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am-8pm ET, Sat 10am-8pm ET, & Sun 10am-6pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!