cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

5 Top Tools To Quickly Grow Your Email List

Participating Solution Provider

5 Top Tools To Quickly Grow Your Email List

5toptools.png

If you want to have real results from your email marketing strategy, you will need to place an opt-in form on your website so your prospects can join your email list.

There are several tools out there that you can use to accomplish this and in this post we will explore some ways to do it effectively.

Before you can decide on a tool, you need to figure out what types of opt-ins you are collecting.

Here are some things to consider:

• Are you using pop up subscribe boxes?
  • Are you using a simple opt-in form, perhaps on the side of the page or the top?
  • What type of offer are you going to use to incentivize your visitor to sign up?
  • Are you going to have multiple sign up offers, like a free ebook book on one page and a video on another page?
  • Are you going to be blogging?
  • Are you going to split test multiple offers on the landing page?
  • What’s your budget?
  • Is it compatible with your email marketing service provider?
  • What type of website to do have?

These questions all need to be figured out in advance before you pick a tool. Since I am a Constant Contact Authorized Local Expert and Constant Contact is a market leader in email marketing services, I looked at all of these tools from that perspective. If you are using another provider, you will need to do some additional research to see if it works with your newsletter provider.

sumome

Sumo Me

If you aren’t sure what tool to use or don’t want to spend any money, Sumo Me is a great place to start. Sumo Me is a suite of online marketing tools such as an image sharing tool, a pop up subscribe box, a smart bar, which is a subscribe box at the top of the page and more.

Compatibility: WordPress plugin or html code make this compatible with most websites.

Cost: Sumo Me is a free tool, which makes it a no brainer if you are just getting started.

leadpages-logo

Lead Pages

Lead Pages has quickly emerged as one of the top tools for growing your email list. The list of things that you can do with it is quite staggering. They have proven templates for everything that you can think of as well as a few that you had no idea existed. They have landing pages that you can use as a stand alone site or a number of tools that you can integrate into your existing website.

Compatibility: WordPress plugin or html code make this compatible with most websites.

Cost: Lead Pages starts at $25 a month and goes up from there depending on what you are doing with it. It’s more expensive than the other tools being reviewed in this post, but it’s also the most powerful.

jotform

Jot Form

If you are looking for a simple opt-in form on your website, then Jot Form is for you. You can use this program to create simple contact forms and to grow your list.

Cost: Free for up to 100 submissions a month. $9.99 a month for up to 1000 submissions.

popdom

PopUp Domination

If your main source of opt-ins will be from a pop up ad, then you should definitely consider PopUp Domination. They have over 30 beautiful pop up designs. Additionally PopUp Domination can do split testing, exit pop ups and much much more. PopUp Domination has been used by top marketers for several years for good reason. It works well!

Cost: Starts at $47 for the basic license

optinmoster

Optin Monster

Optin Monster allows you to create optin pages a number of different ways including pop up forms, a floater bar, a slide in, a widget and more. They also allow you to split test your opt-in form so you can see which one works best.

Compatibility: WordPress plugin only

Cost: Starts at $49 for the basic license

This article originally appeared on the Mr. Leads blog.

Constant Contact partner and LinkedIn expert.

Author of Mr. Leads LinkedIn Bootcamp