I'ts no secret that online shopping is huge. I know that I love my Amazon especially when I'm needing to send a gift to my nieces and nephew in Florida and I'm running behind. Oops. But did you know that over 93% of retail purchases are actually made in a brick and mortar in the US? Small Business Trends reports this and 6 reasons why people are still flocking to your store in this article. What are those reasons? If you're a retail owner or manager, these may not surprise you, but check out what they shared below!
1. Convenience: Like I said, online shopping can provide convenience if you're sending something to another state but if you want something now, a local store is where to go.
2. Testing: Customers like to try out the products. I can read a great review online but what if I want to actually see that picture on that tv that is on sale online? Best place to check it out? The store.
3. Have a question? Who better to ask about the product then the employees who work with these products every day?
4. Inspiration: I use my Pinterest app for inspiration, but a trip to the mall can truly show me what is in style currently for fashion and home.
5. Feeling sad: Interacting with people can make you happy! And what is better than going to your local store where they know you. If you frequent a store they may know what you like and don't like and can offer suggestions and a friendly hello.
6. They want to have fun: If you're out with family or friends, you may all enjoy going to a local store to see what is new and going on. My local mall is always having people perform and events going on. That makes it a fun place to be.
What are the reasons that customers come to your store? Why do you visit brick and mortar locations to make your purchases?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am-8pm ET, Sat 10am-8pm ET, & Sun 10am-6pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!