Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 Truths About LinkedIn Every Professional Needs to Know

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

7 Truths About LinkedIn Every Professional Needs to Know

Inc Logo.JPG

I don't know about you but I am always looking for ways to improve my LinkedIn profile. Granted, it's not on my top to-do list but whenever I find a great article, like this one written by Jayson Demers, I'm logging into my account to put to use the advice given!

For example, did you know that you can customize your LinkedIn URL? You probably did but I didn't. So that was one piece of advice that I already put into place today. Another bit of advice is that not everyone wants to network on LinkedIn. This seems strange to me. But Jayson goes into saying that some people are offended from receiving requests from strangers. This is something that resonates with me. I have about 6 connection requests sitting in my account right now. I don't feel comfortable accepting them from people I don't know. Now, if someone had also sent me a message along with their request, then I'd be more inclined to accept it. So take note: If you are using LinkedIn to network with people you don't know, send them a note just saying who you are and why you want to connect. 

To check out the rest of Jayson's tips, read "7 Truths About LinkedIn Every Professional Needs to Know".