Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step

Highlighted
Solution Provider

A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step

SBR.png

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

– Lao-tzu

Whether you are currently running a business or planning to start a business, three of the major issues for small business owners and entrepreneurs are isolation, feeling overwhelmed and lack of a revenue generating model.  It is easy for them to get caught up in the day-to-day operations of business and wear the sales, marketing and finance hats. Therefore, it is challenging to remain focused, to grow and to expand the business in the direction that they would each like to see.   By implementing commitment and accountability tools and systems, business owners can learn how to grow revenues.

Every Monday small business owners and entrepreneurs find themselves in the same situation: with little time, a minimal marketing budget, and feeling overwhelmed about finding the right strategy to get their company seen and heard.  The scramble begins.  They make calls, tweet, blog, network, and by Friday, they are exhausted and frustrated with few results. 

Commitment is the key to success and is based on the premise of vision, purpose and action. The problem is that commitments are hard to keep when we set lofty goals or when our goals are set way out in the future (e.g. “I want to make $100,000 this year.”)  Often times, goals are better reached by creating benchmarks, which then become the baby steps taken along the way. (e.g. “ I want to make $ 8,333.00 this month.”)

At SBR, we believe in the importance of looking at thirty day increments for predicted, repeatable, cost-effective, and implemental, strategic marketing and revenue plans.  As part of these plans you must determine how many sales calls you will make each day, what time a day you will make them, how you will record the results, and choose right fit networking opportunities, at least two every 30 days.  Along with these strategies, you must have a concrete social media marketing plan and be able to track ROI.  By having 30-day marketing commitments, at the start of your month, all you really need to do is take a look at your marketing calendar and press send.  If you really track your results, in a short time you will understand what works and what doesn’t.  You can apply this strategy and adjust your approach based on your success rate within your targeted market. 

• What goal do you have to get your company in front of your clients in the next 30 days? 
  • What is your definition of a right fit networking opportunity? 
  • Have you employed a system to track the effectiveness of your marketing strategy?  If so, what have you that does or doesn’t work?

I'll be here all week to answer your questions, so send them my way!

1 REPLY 1
Honored Contributor

Re: A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step

Thanks Shelly for sharing your expertise in the Community! 

How are everyone's 30 day plans goings?  What is working and what isn't?