cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Simple Truth about Getting Things Done

Honored Contributor

A Simple Truth about Getting Things Done

Brass Tack thinking.png

I don’t know about you, but I find myself some days feeling like I haven’t accomplished anything I set out to.  Whether it’s getting my stepson everything he needs in the morning before school or finishing up the project Ros gave me, I feel like I fall short of the goal.  But, it’s not about being 100% complete every day.  Thanks to Brass Tack thinking’s post “A Simple Truth about Getting Things Done”, I feel much better! 

You know the saying, “Rome wasn’t built in a day”.  And that journey is what gets us to the finish line.  So if you did one thing today that you set out to do, you had a great day!  Whether it was uploading that image or that file or contacts. Maybe you even started the draft of that email newsletter you’ve wanted to send out.  Don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise!

1 REPLY 1
Regular Advisor

Re: A Simple Truth about Getting Things Done

An interesting point made. The little things often have to be done regardless. It brings to mind the old story about putting the larger rocks in the jar first (your more important tasks) and then there's room for the sand (the smaller tasks) to be poured in and around those larger rocks. 

Mike Donovan
BuyGifts.com