Being a new leader is difficult. You have lots to remember and are trying to make the right decisions and lead your team. Entrepreneur shared an article today about the 8 Mistakes you should avoid as a new leader to help get you in the right direction.
1. Thinking you need to make every decision. Avoid being a micro-manager by letting others make some of the decisions.
2. Thinking you know everything. No one wants to work for a “know-it-all”!
3. Failing to realize you are being watched. Leaders are leaders 24/7.
4. Failing to realize it’s not about you. It’s about the team.
5. Not realizing how quickly what you say or do can be misinterpreted. Even if you are communicating well, you may need to verify the information again.
6. Being afraid to lead when it’s time to lead. When things are rough your leadership is needed.
7. Not realizing the most important thing is what happens when you’re not present. Great leaders can step away and see no reduction in performance.
8. Leading the customer instead of the people. Don't forget who you are leading.