cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
In recognition of the Presidents Day holiday, our Support office will be open with limited availability on Monday 02/18 from 10:00 am - 6:00 pm ET. Check out our Help Center for all the ways to get in touch with us and get help.

Awaiting Confirmation while Opt In is OFF

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Awaiting Confirmation while Opt In is OFF

Hi Community,

I've searched the help area and also googled to not come up with an answer.

I have 4 email contacts that are in the "Awaiting Confirmation" category.  But we have our Confirmation Opt In turned off. I don't have an opt-in option. We do have a "welcome email" but it doesn't say respond to  subscribe.

(It's a church events newsletter and a lot of our subscribers need the subscribe process to be very simple.)

Am I missing something obvious? How can I move my contacts that are waiting on confirmation? One has asked me in person, twice.

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Awaiting Confirmation while Opt In is OFF

Hello @fpctusc. Thanks for coming into the Community with your question. We would be happy to help you.

If you have Confirmed Opt-In turned off, then your contacts will not receive a confirmation email. It's possible that these contacts had previously unsubscribed and were deleted from the account at some point. When they go to resubscribe, they need to confirm their subscription. In order for these contacts to receive your newsletters, you would need to enable Confirmed Opt-In and resend them the link to sign up. Then they will receive a confirmation email and then they will be able to be added back to your list. After this is done, you can then turn off Confirmed Opt-In. 

Please let us know if you have any more questions!

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.