cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be Happier at Work

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Be Happier at Work

With the start of the new year comes new resolutions. We all want to be a better version of ourselves and there's no better time for everyone to start this journey then at the beginning of the year. Of course, you can do this at anytime!  One goal you may have is to be happier. In order to be happier, Geoffrey James, of Inc.com, has presented us with 17 ways to make that a reality. So here are a few of those to get you started. 

• Stop comparing yourself to others: This is huge! I don't know about you, but unfortunately, I always compare myself to others. It's something that I'm resolving to do less of this year.
  • Remember you get the same amount of time every day as everyone else: I'm being reminded right now of the meme from 2014 about how I have the same amount of hours in a day as Beyonce.
  • Smile and laugh more: Who could this not benefit? Seriously. We could all use more smiles and laughter. I love smiling and saying hello to people I see in the hallways or that open/hold doors for me. 
  • Get rid of everything in your work area that isn't useful or beautiful: There used to be a woman who worked here that would create this amazing collages of what she wanted to achieve and power words to keep her positive. We should all have these!

Out of the 17 that Geoffrey shared, there are 4 ways to make yourself happier while at work. Which ones of these are you going to incorporate today? What do you do already that helps you stay happy and positive?  For me, I need to go clean my desk.

Check out the full article "17 Ways to be Happier at Work" here.