cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomorrow morning (8/26) from 07:00 AM - 08:00 AM ET we need to make a few updates to our site. During this time, no emails will be sent and some customers will not be able to access their contacts. We recommend finishing up your work before 07:00 AM and logging in after 08:00 AM ET. Thank you for your patience while we make these updates.

Best and Worst Times to Post on Social Media

CTCT Employee

Re: Best and Worst Times to Post on Social Media

Mark,

Thank you for your post and I will be happy to help you out. There is reporting that comes back for emails and can be found under Email>Reports. In there you will see email campaign names with the numbers next to them that you can click on to take you deeper into the reporting. To be able to sort by time/date opened you can export that from the open screen and have a CSV file of the information you are looking for. For more details click here.

Thank you and have a great day!

Thank you,
Marty K
Social Media Support
If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me href="http://www.twitter.com/ctcthelp" target="_blank">here!
Contributing Solution Provider

This is an informative inforgraphic, however it is too generalized for my client base. The best time for my clients to post on Social Media is determined by their target market.  The demographics by age, occupation, activity and need in each target niche is different. If everyone only posted during the times indicated on the infographic then the feeds on social media would be silent during all other times.

If a restaurant has a lunch special, they want to make sure that the patrons will see it at the appropriate time.  Most people think about their choice of restaurant for lunch when they get hungry - just before lunchtime. They may then start checking their social feeds. If the restaurant didn't post that morning, their post may not appear as prominent in the timeline, and whoever did may get the interest.
It's become more common to see employees checking their smart phones and social feeds throughout the day at work. So if they are the target market for a business, then posting their content during work hours would be more effective.  And many people check their social media groups just prior to going to bed, or first thing in the morning.

As with any other forms of marketing, social media activities need to be evaluated by the target market, their needs and how the business/product solves those needs. Social media should be one component of a strategic marketing plan.

Wishing you awesome and continuing success,

Sumner

Puzzle Master, Solutions Consultant
Niche Marketing Strategy, Solutions & Support for the solopreneurs; small and mid-sized companies.
Publisher, Author, Speaker

Solutions, not just answers.
One Size does NOT fit all.
Solutions to fit your niche, your business and your budget.
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Hello Marissa. I was not aware by time when posting to social media. It was only now that I knew about the proper time. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

You're welcome  @BrianY28 Happy to help!

Occasional Participant

Thank you for this post

Honored Contributor

You're welcome @jacobw71 

Solution Provider

Thank you for posting the article. It contains valuable information to get you started. Here's another article on posting times from buffer scheduling app.

Everyone's community is made up of unique individuals and measuring your campaigns metrics is the most effective way to define the perfect schedule for your community. It important to document the results and take into account all the channels you use. 

Does anyone have tips for documenting their analytics? I use an excel spreadsheet, but I'm always looking for a better system.