cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Not Add a New Email to Autoresponder Series

Frequent Visitor

Can Not Add a New Email to Autoresponder Series

When I go to add a new email in my auto responder series, I get the following error: "We couldn't rename your campaign because it's actively sending. Please wait a few minutes and try again." I have been trying to add a new email over the past few days.

I don't have any emails sending exept on Mondays and I don't get the option to suspend my campaign while I am working on it. What am I mising?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

9 REPLIES
CTCT Employee

Re: Can Not Add a New Email to Autoresponder Series

Hello @Dee DeeR-83379146. I apologize that this has happened to you. We are currently experiencing a system issue with not being able to schedule new emails in an active autoresponder series. At this time, you would have to deactivate the series in order to schedule the new email. However, this would cause the existing contacts in the series to not receive the rest of the series. We are investigating this issue and we will contact you with any updates. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Caitlin M
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Frequent Visitor

We have waited a week for more info since you said it was a programming issue on your end.  We would greatly appreciate an update, as our next email is scheduled for Monday.  We already worked around your answer to publish this past Monday, but would very  much like to get back to using the auto responder method for the rest of the series.  Please advise...thank you very much!

Hi @Dee DeeR-83379146,

Thank you so much for reaching back out to us about this. Our teams are still working to resolve this issue so I cannot provide a firm ETA on when a fix will be implemented. That said, I would happy to set you up to be notified when the issue is resolved. If this is something you would like please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, the email address you would like to be notified at, and a reference to this post and I can get you set up!

Nick S.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

We are having this issue too.

It is vital that we are able to do this. The difference between staying with Constant Contact and switching to a better platform.

Any update on when this will be fixed?

CTCT Employee

Hello @CliveE. Thanks for reaching out to us. At this time, we do not have an ETA on when this is will be resolved. I have put in a case for you to be contacted via the main contact email on your account when we have more information. 

Caitlin M

Occasional Visitor

I wanted to verify that this issue has been resolved BEFORE I activate my series. I am in the process of building the series and I have enough emails to get started, but if I am not going to be able to add the rest of the emails after activating, then I will simply wait to publish/activate. Thank you!

CTCT Employee

Hi @MikeT9734

This experience is something our upper level of support has worked on to resolve. You do have the ability to add and edit new emails in an Autoresponder Series. However if you want to edit an existing one you would have to pause the series first. I also took a look at your account and can see you have spoken to one of our support agents about your Autoresponder as well. If you have any further questions feel free to reach back out and we would be more than happy to continue assistance. 

Frankie P.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Contributing Solution Provider

Re: Can Not Add a New Email to Autoresponder Series - any news on when this will be fixed?

I'm following this - hoping this will get resolved.  Thanks! 

Albert Kaufman - I am a master certified Constant Contact solution provider - here to help you make the most out of your account. Reach me @ albert@albertideation.com - here's to your success!

Re: Can Not Add a New Email to Autoresponder Series - any news on when this will be fixed?

Hello @AlbertKaufman,

I am happy to report that users can now schedule draft emails in an active Autoresponder series. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused!

Nick S.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!