Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capturing volunteer signup check-boxes into the CC record as a tag or group

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Capturing volunteer signup check-boxes into the CC record as a tag or group

We are preparing a sign-up page for our church festival. I'm hoping that there is a way to capture what "volunteer boxes" were checked (could be several) and have those selections noted/recorded in the CC record as a "tag" or as various email groups. For instance, anyone that volunteers would be noted as such while I would like to also be able to identify them by what they volunteered to do. For example: Childcare, Security, Clean up, and so on. Then I can identify and report on those committees.

Help, please... Maybe this is more functionality than CC is designed to do...

Thanks!

Harry

3 REPLIES

Re: Capturing volunteer signup check-boxes into the CC record as a tag or group

Hello @HarryB771,

Thank you for coming to the Community with this inquiry! 

I would argue the two best ways to record this data with Constant Contact is either as individual list names or as custom fields. Separating the volunteer positions as list names might be the easiest method, as you can jump to that list under Contacts Management and then export the file for reporting purposes. 

When you check off multiple lists for a sign-up form it will display any that you have checked.

2017-08-13_11-45-24.jpg

If you create custom fields you can narrow down the contacts based on which custom field they filled out. Then select those contacts and export them for reporting. 

2017-08-13_11-51-55.jpg

At this time there is no way to add contacts to tags from the sign-up form itself. But I would be happy to submit this as feedback to our developers for review!

Nick S.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Visitor

Custom fields? Only option is date or text. (Am I missing anything?) I was looking for custom field option of checkbox so instructions don't need to say "Type an X next to your choice" or "write the word YES if you are interested."

CTCT Employee

Hello @MarkE519. At this time, our sign-up forms do not have the ability to include checkboxes or additional instructional fields but this is great feedback that I will submit over to our Product team. I would suggest visiting our Marketplace to view the many integrations that we advertise. It's possible that one of these integrations may have the sign-up form abilities you were looking for.

Caitlin M
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!