The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October 16th, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST.

Crash Course: Event Hashtags For Dummies

Highlighted
Participating Solution Provider

Crash Course: Event Hashtags For Dummies

What They Are: Hashtags are used to pull a conversation together on social media.

Why Your Event Should Have A Hashtag

• Makes it easy for people to find photos from the event.
  • Chat with other people that are at the event (your customers can make friends + great for new business development for b2b!)
  • When someone uses a hashtag on social media, it’s public even thought their profile may be private so you can connect with customers and see people talking about your business.

How To Create: Just make it up! Think of a keyword or (very) short, catchy phrase that is related to your event.

Now that you created a hashtag for your event, you have to tell people about it so they can use it!

You can print out a sign (like this) and place it in a stand up holder to use at your event that says “Join The Conversation & Use #HASHTAG On Your Pictures & Posts!”

Have your speakers mention it at the event as a reminder. Include the hashtag in all of your event promotion such as event invitations, emails, and posts on social media asking people to “join the conversation and use #yourhashtag.”

Post Example in A Facebook Event:

FACEBOOK EVENT HASHTAG.JPG

Example of Email Promotion:

Restaurant Reveal.JPG

Then, you can look up the hashtag on social media pages like this:

Facebook:

facebook.png

Twitter:

twitter.png

Instagram:

hashtag instagram.png

There you have it! Any other questions? Let me know in the comments, tweet me @LindsayJHiggins or ask me on Facebook

Lindsay Joy Higgins
Leave it to Lindsay
Master Certified Solution Provider
Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured