cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scheduled Maintenance: Thursday (1/30) from 5:00 AM ET - 5:30 AM ET we need to make a few updates to our site. During this time users may experience issues when attempting to login. We recommend not using your account during this time. Thank you for your patience.

Do You Shop on Amazon?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Do You Shop on Amazon?

I shop on Amazon all the time. Most of the time I'm just buying books from Indie Authors to my Kindle, but last week it was Hannah_M's birthday.  And in my normal fashion, I was a little late in going to get her a gift.

I did what any normal person would do, I first checked her "Need" board in Pinterest and then found something that seemed like she really needed it. Not the puppy she pinned.  I found the item in Amazon and when I went to purchase it, Amazon asked me if I'd like to donate to a charity of my choice at no cost.  At first, I was skeptical, as anyone would be.  But I decided to take the plunge.

This is called AmazonSmile.  Have you heard of it?  You can shop at smile.amazon.com and you can choose from a charity of your choice and Amazon will donate on your behalf.  I thought this was pretty neat and wow, I can choose a charity. So you think the big players are in there, MSPCA, RedCross, etc.  But did you know, that you can even search for a local 501(c)3 and chances are, it's probably in there!

There hasn't been much news on this and I think that this is a fabulous feature!

To read more, check out this piece on Amazon

AmazonSmile.

Have you started to use this in your Amazon account?