cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do You Shop on Amazon?

Honored Contributor

Do You Shop on Amazon?

I shop on Amazon all the time. Most of the time I'm just buying books from Indie Authors to my Kindle, but last week it was Hannah_M's birthday.  And in my normal fashion, I was a little late in going to get her a gift.

I did what any normal person would do, I first checked her "Need" board in Pinterest and then found something that seemed like she really needed it. Not the puppy she pinned.  I found the item in Amazon and when I went to purchase it, Amazon asked me if I'd like to donate to a charity of my choice at no cost.  At first, I was skeptical, as anyone would be.  But I decided to take the plunge.

This is called AmazonSmile.  Have you heard of it?  You can shop at smile.amazon.com and you can choose from a charity of your choice and Amazon will donate on your behalf.  I thought this was pretty neat and wow, I can choose a charity. So you think the big players are in there, MSPCA, RedCross, etc.  But did you know, that you can even search for a local 501(c)3 and chances are, it's probably in there!

There hasn't been much news on this and I think that this is a fabulous feature!

To read more, check out this piece on Amazon

AmazonSmile.

Have you started to use this in your Amazon account?