cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you Find Social Sharing Reports Worthless in Constant Contact?

Occasional Participant

Do you Find Social Sharing Reports Worthless in Constant Contact?

I find the Social Sharing Reports completely worthless. It would be different if I could see who was sharing and where they shared it (specifically, not just through what media). But knowing I got 10 facebook shares and not being able to go find and comment on those shares seems completely useless. After all, isn't the whole point of this service to stay connected AND engaged with our audience. Seems like Constant Contact really missed the boat on this one. Let me know what you guys think.

4 REPLIES 4
Developer

Re: Do you Find Social Sharing Reports Worthless in Constant Contact?

You're absolutely right that the current Social Stats feature provides only part of the picture. That's a major reason we recently acquired Social CRM company Bantam Live. We're on it, and it's going to be awesome, but in the mean time, here's some ideas on how to make Social Stats more meaningful...

1) Which channels you're getting the most shares from tells you a lot about where your subscribers like to share things. If you're getting mostly Facebook Likes and Shares and not many Tweets or LinkedIn posts, this information can help you focus your efforts and engage with a follow up on the right channels.

2) Knowing which messages get the most shares and page views beyond your list can help you identify the messages that resonate the most with your audience. It's another way for you to know what's working and what isn't, so you can refine your message and set goals for next time.

3) If you see a lot of tweets in Social Stats, you can actually track them down - grab your email's social sharing link out of the Simple Share or Tweet this email feature and run a Twitter Search on it. You'll see all the tweets with your email's link in it, including who tweeted. The link should look something like this: http://conta.cc/9hhXMP

4) Make sure to share your own emails using Simple Share and Tweet this email features, then monitor activity around your own posts. You can use NutshellMail to track activity on your Facebook Pages and Twitter accounts so you can see who's liking, commenting, replying, and retweeting your own posts.

I know it isn't everything you're looking for, but I hope the above info helps in the mean time. Look forward to future product updates, where we plan to get you a more integrated experience on the social side of things!

-Aaron Severs
Constant Contact Product Manager, Social Media
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

This is a decent start, but what do I do if many of my shares are via AddThis? (they are) This is the info I REALLY want to know. Because these are the new areas I should be focusing on. I have my business on twitter, facebook, and linkedin; but clearly my emails are being shared elsewhere. This is the information I could really use out of these reports: Where are my potential clients? So I can engage with them more easily.

Developer

The AddThis shares may be harder to track down. I can tell you in the aggregate they tend to be Facebook, Email (forward to a friend), Blogger, Wordpress, and Google Bookmarks in that order. You could try setting up a Google Alert for the full social email link (click through the short link I mentioned above and then copy the long url from your address bar) or just for your subject line to capture shares to blogs. Full disclosure... it's just an idea and I don't know if it will work!

-Aaron Severs
Constant Contact Product Manager, Social Media
Occasional Participant

I will give this a try and report back.