Easily Double Your Referrals With Automated Birthday Campaigns

Highlighted
Participating Solution Provider

Easily Double Your Referrals With Automated Birthday Campaigns

birthday
At my local Constant Contact seminars that I host in Dayton, Ohio, the number one objection that I get from potential Constant Contact customers is “I just don’t have enough prospects to justify this.” T

I’m here to tell you that no matter who you are, you DO have enough and I’m going to show you step by step exactly how to get started.

For this process, I’m going to use a new Constant Contact feature, the birthday campaign.

Did you know that Constant Contact has this feature?

Yes, they do!

Note: You need to be on the current version of Constant Contact and have a plus account (formerly known as Toolkit) to get this feature. If you aren’t sure if you have it, reach out to me and I’ll be glad to help you out.

The point of this campaign is to maintain and accelerate the relationship and keep your name top of mind with your prospects, clients and networking contacts. Most people screw it up because they pitch too soon to people that have no interest.

Here is the easy step by step process to get started with birthday campaigns and move them into your sales process.

Step 1: Get a spreadsheet of email addresses together. Put in 4 fields. First name, last name, email address, birthday. Look through your networking contacts in Outlook, Gmail, Linkedin, etc. for names and email addresses.

Step 2: Delete the “friends” you don’t really know. If you got an email from that person, would you immediately recognize the name? If not, delete it.

Step 3: Find a source of birthdays. I recommend that you start with Birthdays for Android, but there are other tools out there. This tool will pull in birthdays from Google+ profiles. Facebook is another great source of birthday info. I found that Facebook’s mobile app is the easiest way to do this. Look under events and then you will see a birthday list.

Step 4: Add the birthdays to your spreadsheet. There are some formatting rules for birthdays, so be sure to reference this article before importing.

Step 5: Import the spreadsheet into your Constant Contact account.

Step 6: Inside of Constant Contact, click on create, then click on automate your emails and then click on create a birthday campaign and create a birthday email. Here are some instructions for doing that.

Note: DO NOT PITCH. This is not the time to do one of those phony baloney half hearted birthday emails. However, if you have something free to give them, that you really do charge people for, it’s fine to stick in a coupon for it in the birthday email. Think about birthday campaigns that companies are already using. When Panera’s sends out free muffins for my birthday, I get excited and I bet that you do too.

Step 6 bonus: If you know a mailing address, use SendOutCards to send a printed birthday card to the best prospects and clients. If they are a valuable client or referral partner, use SendOutCards to send a gift, like brownies or a book. Again, DO NOT PITCH.

Step 7: Go into Constant Contact and create a postdated email for 5-10 holidays. You can do well known holidays like Christmas or Halloween. Some people like using goofy “holidays” like “National Goof Off Day”. Doesn’t really matter. It’s all about creating top of mind AWARENESS for yourself. Here is a website with a list of wacky “holidays.

Step 7 bonus: Do the same thing in SendOutCards with your top prospects and clients.

Step 8: Come up with a useful free report. Maybe “Top 10 mistakes people make when refinancing their house” or “Top 10 ways to protect your credit”. It can be something simple with 200-500 words. Don’t overthink it.

At the end of the report, leave a phone number that people can call to schedule an appointment. I take it a step further and use Acuity Scheduling to professionally schedule appointments online.

Step 9: Create a simple landing page on your website. You can use the Constant Contact form tool to easily create this in under 10 minutes. Again, don’t over think it. When the prospect opts in, send out an automated email from Constant Contact with a link to download the report.

Step 10: Send out an email to your birthday list and say something like, “Hey I’m not sure if this would work for you or not, but I created a report that I think you would be interested in. Click here to get it.” Send them to the landing page from the previous step.

IMPORTANT: You want the prospect from your birthday list to OPT IN to the second list. Do not just give the report to them.

Step 11: Send follow up emails to the NEW list. In other words, the people that asked for the report. Continue to build value, this time giving more details about what you do. Invite them to webinars or seminars. Ask them if they want to set an appointment with you and move them into your sales process.

I guarantee that if you take this seriously and DO IT, that you will get lots of new clients and referrals out of it.

Do you have any questions or concerns about the process? Leave a comment below and I will answer them.

Need help? Click here to schedule a free 20 minute consultation with me and I can assist you further.

This article orginally appeared on the Mr. Leads blog.

Constant Contact partner and LinkedIn expert.

Author of Mr. Leads LinkedIn Bootcamp
Meet the New Constant Contact

ctct_ripple_logo_icon_blue_orange.pngConstant Contact is Bigger. Better. Smarter. Check out our new look and Power On!

Read More
Featured