cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Marketing Tips & Tricks

Highlighted
Participating Solution Provider

Email Marketing Tips & Tricks

With the rise of the digital age some people believe that social media is overtaking email but there are some key statistics that prove otherwise. About 73% of Americans value email and believe it is important and email marketing has a 56% retention rate the highest in all digital marketing platforms according to Gigaom Research. The key to email marketing is to always make sure that you are creating emails that your receiver wants to open and read. In our Marketing Minute we cover some tips and tricks to help optimize your emails & open rates.

Email with Play.jpg

• Have clear call-to-actions so your reader knows exactly what you are asking them to do.
  • Create short & personalized subject lines as many people are reading their emails on the go so you have to grab their attention quickly and by personalizing the email it will increase open rates by 20%!
  • Make sure that your emails will render correctly on both desktop and mobile devices to ensure proper delivery and reception of your emails.
  • Perform A/B testing to see which types of emails and subject lines your audience is more receptive to. This will help you to send out the best possible emails.

In conclusion don’t give up on email, it can be a huge asset for your business. Always make sure to test, test and test again before sending to make sure the email looks and feels professional. Need help getting started with email marketing? Contact IGV today at 330-425-0922!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Email Marketing Tips & Tricks

Nice information and great video. Thanks!

Thanks mente sana en cuerpo sano for your kind words! We're glad you liked the article!

From my personal experience (and what i gathered from others over the years) you should focus on these: 1. Segment - your primary concern (I primary use Mail Chimp's API with our own CRM) 2. Great quality content (even if you send only sale newsletters, is better to have a high quality content post, from your blog for example, or even a comic drawn each newsletter) 3. Try to personalize as much as you can (your message to the receiver). 4. Think about seasonality - product lifespan - if you have a product that requires being bought monthly - time your newsletters just like that. If it's different, time them to reach your customers on pay-day before they need it. 5. Run continuous emailing campaign to attract new audiences. 6. Never buy databases - invest in smart action that can deliver results. 7. Regularly clean your emailing list for faulty insertions (if you do many offline campaigns), try to avoid dead email addresses with a tool that can verify emails and continuously update your list only with high quality emails.

It was nice if you had some extra info about the industry in which you need help 'cause there are different tips based on industry.

Roger, thank you for your feedback.  I am sure everyone reading this article would appreciate the tips you included, Thank you! :smileyface: In an attempt to keep our video short, we focused on 4 quick tips. I think Mail Chimp is a good email marketing platform.  However, because they do not offer phone support, I usually do not recommend it to small businesses that are handling their own email marketing.