cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tonight (8/23) from 11:00 PM - 12:00AM ET we need to make a few updates to our site. During this time, no emails will be sent and some customers will not be able to access their contacts. We recommend finishing up your work before 11:00 PM and logging in after 12:00 AM ET. Thank you for your patience while we make these updates.

Eviction

Eviction

I just got evicted and lost my business. My landlord will not allow me to take out my equipment. I am not talking about fixtures but equipment on wheels of not mounted. The lease says that in case of default e has a right to the equipment. Is this correct? Can anything be done?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Solution Provider

Re: Eviction

Do not try to figure this out on your own, you really need to contact an attorney for advice.  If you cannot afford an attorney, look for the closest law school, many of them now do legal work for free.  You can check with the local Bar Association, many attorneys - especially the big outfits - do a lot of pro-bono (free) work.

General note, it is always a good idea to have an attorney look over any lease before you sign it.  As an attorney told me recently, using an attorney upfront is like a flu shot, it does not guarantee you won't get sick, but generally takes away a lot of the pain if you do get sick....

Jay Moore
Visit us: Moore Business Consulting
"Helping You and Your Business Succeed"