cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

FREE coffee at Dunkin' Donuts!

Highlighted
Participating Solution Provider

FREE coffee at Dunkin' Donuts!

FREE coffee at Dunkin' Donuts! But why isn't everyone taking advantage??

dunkin donuts.jpg 

In June 2014, Dunkin' Donuts launched DD perks, a loyalty program for their customers that includes free coffee!

How to claim your freebie:

• Pick up a DD card (gift card)
  • Add $$ to your card
  • Go online  & create an account
  • Receive an email with a coupon for a FREE medium beverage
  • Earn points when you use your DD gift card instead of cash/credit

Feeling overwhelmed? I figured.

WHO HAS THE TIME FOR THIS?

When I first learned of this program a few months ago, the employees were wearing buttons on their shirts that read, “FREE COFFEE.” It literally doesn’t get more obvious than that.  As I waited in line, however, I watched all the people ahead of me order their coffee, but not one person inquired about the free coffee. Is the economy that good that no one wants free coffee?  I now watch for this now at all the Dunkin' Donuts I visit and have yet to see anyone take them up on their offer.

If you walk into any Dunkin' Donuts, you’ll likely wait in line before your order is taken. Who wants to be “that guy” holding up the entire line asking how to register their new loyalty card to get a free coffee? Cringe worthy, right?

The key to success with a loyalty program is to make it EASY for your customer to join, AND to make it worth their while.  Programs that require too many steps or take longer than 30 seconds to register will never be successful.

What would you have done differently if you owned the Dunkin' Donuts empire? Share your comments with me below! 

Lindsay Joy Higgins
Leave it to Lindsay
Master Certified Solution Provider