cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook Rolls out Donate Now Button

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Facebook Rolls out Donate Now Button

Last August the true meaning of going viral happened with the Ice Bucket Challenge. I saw my friends on Facebook from all over pouring buckets of ice water over themselves and others. But this wasn’t all in just fun. This was done to raise money and awareness for the ALS Association. Once the month of August was over, the buckets stopped pouring and quite possibly the donations stopped pouring in as well.

Enter Facebook. Facebook knows what a huge impact they played in the Ice Bucket Challenge and other organizations to get the word out for their causes and to ask for donations. Donations are asked for a variety of different ways on Facebook. I’ve seen them in posts, sponsored posts or even in ads. But what if you want to make a donation and you aren’t sure where the link is to the donation page? Perhaps you’re too busy or shy to ask someone? Well, Facebook has created a Donate Now button. Pages can now add this button to their page so that anyone at any time can make a donation to their organization.

ALS Donate Now Button.png

Will your organization be utilizing this feature on your Facebook page? I haven’t seen anything about any analytics at this point. But this feature was just released yesterday! If you decide to add it, please share your page with us and let us know if you see an increase in donations throughout the end of the year!

Check out the post by Facebook for Business from yesterday and today’s post by The Next Web “Facebook adds ‘Donate Now’ button to make giving to charity easier”.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Facebook Rolls out Donate Now Button

Thanks for posting, Marissa!

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!

Re: Facebook Rolls out Donate Now Button

Facebook, really? :smileyindifferent: