cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Facebook Updates You Can't Afford To Ignore

Participating Solution Provider

Facebook Updates You Can't Afford To Ignore

It's only the third month of the year, and we're seeing some major updates and changes to Facebook. Social media slows down for no one - it's important your business page admin or social media team is aware of the new opportunities available to your brand online.

Facebook-Updates-CC-Blog-Header.png

Live Videos Taking Priority on Facebook News Feeds
With the recent content type released, Facebook recognizes that users are enjoying live streaming videos from pages and users. Because they're all about user experience, Facebook is going to start pushing these videos to the top of news feeds. 

Take the time to learn more

Instant Articles Available to All Publishers
If you publish content, Facebook is opening Instant Articles to you. To solve slow loading issues, Facebook Instant Articles are a more organic way to ffer extended content on the social network. Easier sharing, quick loading times, and a Wordpress Plugin are all part of this family of updates. We're recommending all our clients with blogs begin reading up now and getting ready for this April 12th release.

Be sure to take note

Facebook Canvas Boasts a Full-Screen, Immersive Ad Style

This update looks like it is taking a cue from Snapchat's Discover feature, because it turns your Facebook ad into an interactive, full-screen, scrolling advertisment. Facebook says it's designed to "help businesses tell stories and show products on mobile devices ina beautiful way."

Time to get hip!

Facebook Reactions! How Do They Make YOU Feel?

Like, Angry, Sad, Wow, Haha, and Love. Users can now express themselves beyond the little blue thumbs-up. While the change doesn't force Facebook page admins to alter the way they're doing things, it definitely poses an opportunity for conversations and engagement. It's important to note that a negative post reaction does NOT count as negative feedback within your Facebook Insights the way an unfollow or unlike does.

Get Proactive About Reactions

So, that's it. A quick wrap-up of the latest and greatest from Facebook. It's imperative business page admins and social media teams stay up-to-date on these technologies if they want to remain competative. We recommend talking to and hiring a professional if you're falling behind or these updates seem overwhelming.

I live and breathe small business marketing. Ask me about social media or digital reputation management over lunch, and we'll be there until dinner. Aside from consulting and educating business owners, my passions are martial arts, cooking, office supply collecting, and volunteering. Outside of my own community, I serve as Marketing Director for the 03XX Foundation - an organization serving Marine Corps Infantrymen and Corpsmen.