cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding a Voice for your Small Business Brand

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Finding a Voice for your Small Business Brand

So you have a small business. That’s great! What is it that makes those bigger companies successful? It’s all about the voice of your brand. If you’re a small business that is trying to target to the younger, more technical savvy universe you want your brand to be fun, attractive and up with the times. If you are a small business that is looking to target the more professional audience, you want to make sure your brand is modern, clean and of course – professional.

According to Jason Saltzman, a contributor for Entrepreneur, there is some key points that you should be paying attention to:

1. Who are you targeting? Jason stated that in most cases you don’t want to talk to your parents the same way that you talk to your friends. Same concept goes with your brand! Make sure you are targeting the right people.

2. Speak to your target. Be vocal! The more you interact with your audience, the more you will be on their mind!

3. Stay consistent. For you to get a solid following, your message needs to stay consistent! If you swap it up every few months you might confuse people! Stay true to the brand you are trying to create for yourself.

4. Be authentic. Make sure that the message you are trying to portray is real. Don’t deceive your audience!

Being a small business and trying to find your place in the big business world can be challenging but by creating a strong and consistent brand, you will have the ability to create a strong following that will stay true to you. Chances are if you make a strong impression on someone they are more likely to return to you than the big name businesses. Create a brand that you can be proud of!

To read the other Keys to Learning your Brand’s Voice, check out Jason’s article on Entrepreneur here.

Melissa M
Community and Social Support Intern

If you find my post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Finding a Voice for your Small Business Brand

First time posting in here, having a little trouble finding where / how. Anyways... quick question. Gmail is now offering their promotion, social, and inbox tabs on gmail home-page. Is there anyway to adjust, through constant contact, which folder your email blasts land in?

Thank you for the time.

CTCT Employee

Re: Finding a Voice for your Small Business Brand

Hi Michelle!

That's okay! I'm happy to answer your question. Unfortunately there isn't a way to adjust through Constant Contact which folder your email blasts land in. They will go into the promotions folder by default. What you can do is send out a mailing informing your subscribers how to move the email from promotions to primary and then in the future they will always end up in the primary inbox. Check out this FAQ explaining a great way to do this: Click Here

I hope this helps!

Melissa M
Community and Social Support Intern

If you find my post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"