cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Back to Business

Participating Solution Provider

Getting Back to Business

Getting Back to Business

Fall Back to Business.jpgRemember the energy and anticipation you felt when it was time to go back to school in September? I loved choosing special first-day clothes, filling my new backpack with fresh school supplies and eagerly walking into a bright, clean classroom to meet my teacher.

Now that my school days are over, it’s a bit more challenging to muster that September enthusiasm. Like many of us, I still long for the warm, indulgent days of summer – sleeping in, walking the beach, sitting around a late-night bonfire. But reality quickly sinks in as the 4th quarter begins, the holiday season looms and it’s actually time to think about business goals and objectives for next year!

So . . . while we may not be heading back to school this month, it’s certainly wise to channel some of that back-to-school energy into our work as we get Back to Business!

On the eWomen Network Blog, Lisa Larter offers some valuable tips for How to Get “Back to Business this Fall, including:

• Begin to ponder your goals and objectives for next year
  • Block out down time – personal time during which you do not work
  • Plan your business calendar to coincide with your goals
  • Identify the team members you need: Who is doing what? Are the right people in your corner?
  • Forecast your numbers
  • Get excited!

The last tip is my favorite – get excited! January may be the traditional time for resolutions, but this seasonal beginning of the year is the ideal time to refocus, reenergize and reinforce your message as you strategize for the holidays and establish year-end goals, so embrace your back-to-school spirit as you get Back to Business this Fall!

Cathy Ann Drury

My NewsGirl

www.mynewsgirl.com