cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a Reaction to Your Call to Action

Participating Solution Provider

Click. Download. Buy Now. Register. Share. Sign-Up. View. Get Started.

These words – a modern day to-do list if you will – have become the routine language of our consumer-oriented and technology-driven culture. When we see these requests or commands, we reply accordingly, which is exactly what we are being called upon to do: To take action.

Call to Action image.jpgAccording to BusinessDictionary.com, a call to action is defined as “words that urge the reader, listener, or viewer of a sales promotion message to take an immediate action.” In other words, we want to give our customers something to do beyond reading our latest newsletter or blog in order to engage and interest them.

The question is: What makes a great call to action? Here are some tips to consider when creating your next call to action:

• Keep it short and sweet.
  • Give clear instructions on what you want the reader to do.
  • Suggest a time parameter, i.e., now, today, promptly, ASAP.
  • Limit yourself to a single call to action per communication.
  • Make it noticeable with a different color, shape, highlight or button.
  • Test it by sending one call to action to half of your contacts and another to your remaining contacts. Which one gets a better response?
  • Don’t forget to make it mobile-friendly.
  • Do it again! Repetition gets results.

What calls to action have worked well for you? Please share in the comments section below – I’d love to hear your success stories!

Cathy Ann Drury

My NewsGirl

www.mynewsgirl.com