cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going all opt-in

Advisor

Going all opt-in

The nonprofit I work for will soon take the plunge and go to emails by explicit opt-in only. My department, which publishes a monthly print magazine and companion website, has been sending certain emails to the whole print subscriber list. 

I'd be interested to hear from anyone whose organization has done this about best practices, what to watch out for, and your assessment of how it has worked out for you. 

We already have several topic-based email newsletters with a fairly established following of all opt-in readers. 

I have read about Constant Contact's email template to secure express consent to email https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/23829-document-express-consent-to-e...

Thanks! 

Amy

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
CTCT Employee

Re: Going all opt-in

Hey @amyloo,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I'm happy to see that you found our GDPR information, that would be the best route for the contacts who have already been added to your account. Moving forward, when you get new contacts I would recommend that you turn on Confirmed Opt-in within your settings. You can click here to read about how to turn that on! Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. 

Desi_B
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Advisor

Re: Going all opt-in

Thanks, Desi. Appreciate the pointer. 

I'd also love to hear from users who have traveled this path. Have any of you come to regret not mailing to implied content contacts? Have you noticed any drop in key performance indicators of any sort?

Tags (2)