cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Google Maps Could Be Saying Your Business is Closed

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Google Maps Could Be Saying Your Business is Closed

Google My Business.png

Google Maps has released in their newest update (on Android) a feature that will notify users if your business is closed if you haven't updated your store's hours. According to a Small Business Trend article on June 5, 2015 "Google May Unverify Inactive Google My Business Accounts". I know that with being a small business that there are so many places that people tell you where you need to be socially. This one seems like the right place to start. Make sure that you log into your Google My Business account and update/verify your store hours. I use Google to find local businesses and I love that it tells me the business's hours right on my iPhone.

Check out these 2 articles:

Google My Unverify Inactive Google My Business Accounts

Google Maps Could Tell Customers Your Business is Closed

And here is where you can Get on Google with Google My Business

3 REPLIES 3
Contributing Solution Provider

Re: Google Maps Could Be Saying Your Business is Closed

So many people overlook the value of Google local. This is one that dfinitley needs to be in a business marketing strategy.

Puzzle Master, Solutions Consultant
Niche Marketing Strategy, Solutions & Support for the solopreneurs; small and mid-sized companies.
Publisher, Author, Speaker

Solutions, not just answers.
One Size does NOT fit all.
Solutions to fit your niche, your business and your budget.
Honored Contributor

Hi @Sumner!

I agree! I had no clue that this even existed and I'm always online looking up articles and such for Small Businesses. This is such a great thing for all to have!

Contributing Solution Provider

And at the same time, businesses need to be aware of the emphasis that Bing and Yahoo are putting in the local area.

Equally important are the mobile search engines. 

Puzzle Master, Solutions Consultant
Niche Marketing Strategy, Solutions & Support for the solopreneurs; small and mid-sized companies.
Publisher, Author, Speaker

Solutions, not just answers.
One Size does NOT fit all.
Solutions to fit your niche, your business and your budget.