cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy Birthday! Start Using Constant Contact's New Autoresponder Today

Participating Solution Provider

Happy Birthday! Start Using Constant Contact's New Autoresponder Today

Happy Birthday AutoresponderConstant Contact recently released a very exciting update to Toolkit – Happy Birthday and Anniversary based autoresponders. Here are a few ideas to get started and utilize the power of automation based on a date.

Problem #1 – “But I don’t have any of my customer birthdays in Constant Contact…”

Solution! Think outside the box. What will engage your audience to update their profile information to add their birthday or anniversary? If you’re a restaurant, maybe offer a free appetizer plus that birthday special. If you’re a store, offer an initial discount for the updated information plus a birthday gift to incentivize shopping around their special day. How about a realtor -  birthdays may not be as relevant but how about sending an anniversary reminder to clients to continually congratulate them on the closing of their home.

Problem #2 – “I’m a business to business company and we can’t offer discounts.”

Solution! Be creative – As a B2B company, add an anniversary date to each of your best customers contact profile first – the date they became a customer. Then create an autoresponder to thank them for their business and celebrate your time working together. Make your clients and customers feel appreciated. That is job #1.

Problem #3 – Okay, I get it. Reaching out to my customers on their special date(s) makes sense. Now how do I actually create an autoresponder and what options do I have for a send date around someone’s special day?

Solution! Watch this video and get started on your very own birthday or anniversary autoresponder in Constant Contact. And, if you have a question or need help with your birthday or anniversary autoresponder campaign, email me at jake@southdirekt.net. Thanks for reading!

https://youtu.be/V3xZgUNPQnA

Birthday Autoresponder

Jake Burns
An award-winning, Master Certified partner and is the founder of SouthDirekt, a Tampa-based internet marketing firm.
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Happy Birthday! Start Using Constant Contact's New Autoresponder Today

Hey,

Thanks so much for all the info and the video, they were both super helpful.

I wanted to check whether it would be possible to add multiple birthdays to one sign up form?

Also to add mulptiple birthdays to one contact?

We would love to continue to run our childrens birthday mailers and unfortunately we have multiple birthdays per contact.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

:smileyhappy:

Hi @RachelR513

Great question. You could add more than one birthday field to your sign up form in the form of a custom field. There is only one birthday and one anniversary field per contact at this time. If you added the additional fields as custom feilds you could not use the Autoresponder feature for birthday emails since the information is in a different field.

An option for you would be to save each contact individually. You can have the same email address saved more than once with each child's information. 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Highlighted
Visitor

I don't have access to this feature or I am on an old version. Does it cost more money to attain this feature? Or how can I be put on the newer software?

HI @SethT69

I see you were able to get in touch with support for help with this. At this time birthday emails aren't available in your account type but this is something we are working on for the future!

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!

Seth, You may ask to upgrade your account to Toolkit. To do so, email toolkitsupport@constantcontact.com and ask if your account (include your account username in your email to them) is eligible to be upgraded. There may be a small additional charge, but the team at Constant Contact will let you know before you say "yes" to complete the change.

Let me know if you have any additional questions - jake@southdirekt.net.

Best, Jake

Jake Burns
An award-winning, Master Certified partner and is the founder of SouthDirekt, a Tampa-based internet marketing firm.

Seth, 

You may ask to upgrade your account to Toolkit. To do so, email toolkitsupport@constantcontact.com and ask if your account (include your account username in your email to them) is eligible to be upgraded.

There may be a small additional charge, but the team at Constant Contact will let you know before you say "yes" to complete the change.

Jake Burns
Contributing Solution Provider

Here's a tutorial I just created on 12.8.17 showing how to make this happen using the latest editor. 

Albert Kaufman - I am a master certified Constant Contact solution provider - here to help you make the most out of your account. Reach me @ albert@albertideation.com - here's to your success!