cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anybody used the IFrams app in Facebook?

Highlighted
Participating Solution Provider

Has anybody used the IFrams app in Facebook?

I saw a webinar about Facebook that included an introduction to iFrames and actually found the app, plugged it into my Facebook page and then went to Illustrator and created a jpg 520 pixels wide that invited people to use my services.  I haven’t used the URL for that page to promote it yet, but that’s next.  I wondered if anyone else has used it, and if they had any wild success with it.  You can see it using this link:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cybermail-Marketing-LLC/68916998948?sk=app_201143516562748

Sincerely,
Ray Higgins
Cybermail Marketing
ray@cybermailmarketing.com
5 REPLIES 5
Honored Contributor

Re: Has anybody used the IFrams app in Facebook?

Can any of our members help Ray out?

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Contributing Solution Provider

Hi Ray,

I am currently converting all my clients FBML tabs into iFrames as Facebook will eliminate them at some point, and most likely with very little warning.

I see you are using Wildfire for your iFrame app. I have tested Wildfire, as well as many of the others, however, I am creating completely custom iFrames for my clients. There are advantages for both types. Once you have 25 likes to your page, you can then create a custom web address if you want, so it is easier to remember.

Here is one client work in progress:

Movies with Messages:
Custom FBML page: http://on.fb.me/jMyCR3
Custom IFrame page: http://on.fb.me/fC2EWE

You might also notice, that the FBML app has a grey icon, whereas the custom iFrame has the clients logo icon. Wildfire app has their image icon. It all depends on what you want.

As soon as we complete the setup and testing, we will promote this page, including through their newsletter, to build their following.

Even though it appears we might provide similar services with CT, there is business enough for everyone. If you would like to chat directly about your specific app, feel free to email me directly and we'll chat. Perhaps I can offer some helpful ideas.

Wishing you awesome and continuing success,

BTW, love your "Group Therapy for Email Markets" in your sign up tab page.

Puzzle Master, Solutions Consultant
Niche Marketing Strategy, Solutions & Support for the solopreneurs; small and mid-sized companies.
Publisher, Author, Speaker

Solutions, not just answers.
One Size does NOT fit all.
Solutions to fit your niche, your business and your budget.
Occasional Visitor

Ray, 

Yes we've used iFrames, but "WILD SUCCESS" does not an iFrame make. :smileyhappy: Wild success is generally a product of Fan Page aesthetic, UVP (Unique Value Proposition), Call to Action, and a successful engagement of the marketplace.  

Once you address and identify the above items, I would test and measure your UVP and Marketplace Engagement Strategy. Use a Split Tested Facebook Ad Campaign to accomplish this. A budget of $50 to $100 dollars should get you at least some preliminary data. 

The data from the Split Test should give you a sense of the response you will get when you begin promoting your Fan Page in earnest. Base the tone and message of your actual Fan Page Promotion Launch around the most successful of your Split Tested Ads. Ideally you want to dial it down to the single most effective message that gets you the response you seek. 

Split Testing: 

To do a basic Split Test.

• Create 5 - 10 Ads with various versions of your offering. 
  • As the ads begin to run, Facebook will give you Campaign Data through "Insights".
  • Analyze the data to see which Ad/Ads are performing the best. 
  • Tweak the Ads accordingly.
  • Repeat until you create an Ad that works based on the Insight data. 

Marketplace Engagement: 

Ways To Engage the Marketplace 

• Promotion/Call To Action on iFrame Landing Page
  • Online Facebook, Twitter, Contest, Sweepstake, Give-Away
  • Facebook Ad Campaign
  • Enlisting the help of your current Friend/Fan Base
  • Integrated Email Campaign that drives traffic to your Social Channels 

This is a general overview but should get you headed in the right direction in terms of launching a successful iFrame Powered Fan Page! 

If you would like to talk more extensively feel free to reach out to me through any of the channels in my Public Profile. 

Cheers 

J. Mitchell
SmartStart Social™
404-721-3325 phone
smartstartsocial.com
Participating Solution Provider

Dear J Mitchell,

Thank you for the outline.  All good points.  Your answer went beyond the scope of my question.  But it reminded me to take another look at the FACEBOOK ads.  I tried doing a FACEBOOK ad a year or two ago with no success.  I also tried "Pay per Click" advertising a number of years ago with other sources.  In all cases nothing worked for me.  Perhaps, as you mentioned, I didn't do a very good job with my UVP or call to action.  Or I was "Looking for love in all the wrong places."

I guess what I was asking was did anyone create a page with IFrames and do so easily, quickly, and (yes) have a successful campaign from it. 

So far I haven't heard from anyone with a success story.

Sincerely,
Ray Higgins
Cybermail Marketing
ray@cybermailmarketing.com
Contributing Solution Provider

Hi Ray,

To begin with you may want to define "success".

For most of my clients, success means that their income is greater than the expense and their profit is measurable increased by a percentage or amount over time. They have a strategic marketing plan that includes all of their marketing venues and goals.

Some people define Facebook success as having "X" number of fans. Interestingly, I attended a developer meeting last weekend, and a man was offering to sell his FB account that had over 20,000 fans - and he was claiming bankruptcy. Even with that number of fans, his sales were non-existent.

Jarrad wrote a post relating to quality over quantity. I agree.  "...1 million Facebook fans brings in an average of 826 likes and 309 comments per post."  Nothing reported on how much profit was gained.  There is a definite difference between activity and results.

All of my clients seek to gain success (profit) in their niche. So the number of fans/friends/followers may not be the 5-6 digit numbers, yet their profits and client base continue to rise because they are targeting their niche and providing content, calls to action and solutions for their niche.

More importantly, their social pages are not an autonomous entity. Their social activity feeds and supports their existing websites and other marketing venues.  The Custom FB page may change according the the season, the economy, news events, etc. depending on their niche and their marketing goals.

If you view someone, i.e.: Ashton Kutcher who has millions of fans. He didn't just rely on FB to garner these fans, he uses TV, Radio, print and all other forms of media to build his social pages fan base, not the other way around. Now he can use his social pages and Twitter to support any and all of his other activities and causes. Now after the building process he has a reciprocal marketing behavior in place.

You can use FB ads to build a following, however that does have a cost and no guarantee that your followers will contribute to hour profit.  Knowing you plan and your budget helps to contain those costs. There are people I have met that use the ads very successfully to build their fan base, yet not always to sell products or services. The intention and wording is very important.

1. Have a strategic plan that includes all your marketing venues
2. Know your niche
3. Know your goals and measurement of success
4. Promote according to what your niche wants/needs

5. Provide quality for followers/fans/friends/clients

6. Track, analyze

7. Rinse and repeat.

Give it time. Whether you do it yourself, hire someone, or use a free app - it takes a certain amount of time to see results (your definition of success). Too many entrepreneurs give up too soon, or work from sketchy marketing plans.

Wishing you awesome and continuing success,

Sumner

Puzzle Master, Solutions Consultant
Niche Marketing Strategy, Solutions & Support for the solopreneurs; small and mid-sized companies.
Publisher, Author, Speaker

Solutions, not just answers.
One Size does NOT fit all.
Solutions to fit your niche, your business and your budget.