cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello from MS, my Intro and a few questions.

Occasional Visitor

Hello from MS, my Intro and a few questions.

Hello all,

Well, since this is the intro forum I guess Ill post a quick intro before asking questions. I am retired Military (Tanker for 23 Years), and in my other life a Broadband Engineer, Computer Tech and Network Engineer (Since 1981 working with VAX and UNIX), and have a degree in Business with a focus on Marketing. I am former President of an organization for an Non Profit for Army Tankers and have owned and ran several computer related business as well as owned a contract business for Dell Warranty Services. Originally from Baltimore, MD but have lived all over the United States and all over the world. Currently we have launched a new Forum which we eventually hope to turn into a Non Profit (This is actually several years away). Our current goal is building membership of like minded individuals.

With the hosting package we purchased we recieved the Trial of Constant Contact. I had not heard of it before but thought it looked like a good option so decided to try it out. If it works out we will upgraded to one of the pay options.
 First I have a few questions.

* Having already created a campaign, do these campaigns only go out to people already in your contact list? Or do they go out to others? If it does go out to othere, how many?

* General Interest seems to be the only option for a campaign during the trial. Is this correct that this is the only option or is there a way to add options or create your own?

* I dont want to use my personal FB to promote our Forum, reason being that I keep mine to a minimum of family and close friends. The people in this list are already members of our forum, however, we do have a FB page that promotes out Forum, is there a way to use Constant Contact to reach the FB members who have "liked" the page? For example, we have over 1000 likes after only a couple of weeks, however this isnt generating membership, any way to reach these people?

Thanks

Jeff

2 REPLIES 2
Advisor

Re: Hello from MS, my Intro and a few questions.

Hello Jeff and Welcome to Constant Contact!

To asnwer your questions:

Emails sent via Constant Contact will only be sent to the individuals in your contact database.

We have many great features to help grow that list, check them out here:

http://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/5300-overview-list-growth-tools

You can create as many lists for your contacts as you would like!

https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/6073-help-overview-create-and-manag...

As for engaging your Social Media fanbase, I highly recommend adding a "Join My Mailing List" button to your emails and sharing them to your Social Media sites via Simple Share:

https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/5294-add-the-join-my-mailing-list-f...

You can also add a Join My List option directly to your Facebook page!

https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/5294-add-the-join-my-mailing-list-f...

We're excited to watch your list grow!

Hope this helps,

Brandon Dautrich
Constant Contact Customer Support
Contributing Solution Provider

Re: Hello from MS, my Intro and a few questions.

You can also use social share to reach your fans, and also I recommend promoting your posts for the ones where you want to really make sure you reach all of your fans.

and, there are a few dozen more things you can do, as well.  

Albert

@JeffJ751 wrote:

Hello all,

Well, since this is the intro forum I guess Ill post a quick intro before asking questions. I am retired Military (Tanker for 23 Years), and in my other life a Broadband Engineer, Computer Tech and Network Engineer (Since 1981 working with VAX and UNIX), and have a degree in Business with a focus on Marketing. I am former President of an organization for an Non Profit for Army Tankers and have owned and ran several computer related business as well as owned a contract business for Dell Warranty Services. Originally from Baltimore, MD but have lived all over the United States and all over the world. Currently we have launched a new Forum which we eventually hope to turn into a Non Profit (This is actually several years away). Our current goal is building membership of like minded individuals.

With the hosting package we purchased we recieved the Trial of Constant Contact. I had not heard of it before but thought it looked like a good option so decided to try it out. If it works out we will upgraded to one of the pay options.
 First I have a few questions.

* Having already created a campaign, do these campaigns only go out to people already in your contact list? Or do they go out to others? If it does go out to othere, how many?

* General Interest seems to be the only option for a campaign during the trial. Is this correct that this is the only option or is there a way to add options or create your own?

* I dont want to use my personal FB to promote our Forum, reason being that I keep mine to a minimum of family and close friends. The people in this list are already members of our forum, however, we do have a FB page that promotes out Forum, is there a way to use Constant Contact to reach the FB members who have "liked" the page? For example, we have over 1000 likes after only a couple of weeks, however this isnt generating membership, any way to reach these people?

Thanks

Jeff

Albert Kaufman - I am a master certified Constant Contact solution provider - here to help you make the most out of your account. Reach me @ albert@albertideation.com - here's to your success!