Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Internet Users Are Getting Sloppy With Their Passwords

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

How Internet Users Are Getting Sloppy With Their Passwords

SocialTimes.JPG

I don't know about you, but I know that I have about 200 passwords I have to remember for different programs. It gets really tough trying to remember and keep everything secure.  Since we have so many passwords to remember, it's making some of us care less about the seriousness about it.  ZoneAlarm has created an Infographic that was shared on SocialTimes.com with some reminders. Check it out below!

1 REPLY 1
Regular Advisor

Re: How Internet Users Are Getting Sloppy With Their Passwords

Here's a tip on password creation: Come up with a phrase that is significant to you. Maybe your pet name for your significant other is "baby lemon pie" or maybe you wrote a short essay on "How to Eat a Cheeseburger". Simply come up with some different characters and/or numbers to surround that phrase. So, a good password that's unique to you would be "456babylemonpie789" or "@howtoeatacheeseburger#". For further strength, make one of the letters capitalized for example, "456babyLemonpie789". As you can see, this method makes for a long and strong password that would be extremely hard to guess unless someone else was very familiar with your unique phrase. The trick is to use something that not many of your friends or family members would guess. If they can't guess it, hackers will surely have a hard time figuring it out, especially if it's surrounded by other numbers, characters and capitization. 

Mike Donovan
BuyGifts.com