Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Often Should You be Posting on Social

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

How Often Should You be Posting on Social

2015-02-18_1719.png

In the recent article "Social Media Marketing: Finding the Right Frequency" by  Zach Heller on Business 2 Community, the topic of how often you should be posting is discussed.  

You have probably already started your journey by creating your Social Media Profiles for your organization, right?  Are you actively posting and monitoring those sites though?  Make the most out of your time and energy, post and monitor your Social profiles! 

Each different platform (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) have different frequency recommendations.  For our Support Twitter handle (@CTCTHelp) we typically have one tweet for every hour that our Twitter handle is open, so that is 14 tweets a day from 7am until 9pm ET. We also have made the decision to tweet only on weekdays currently.  We made these decisions based off of the time that our Twitter handle is monitored, and we decided not to schedule tweets when there was not a consistent schedule of someone monitoring.  Essentially, we did not want someone to tweet us after hours and have to wait a long time for a response.  This definitely still happens though, even though we are not sharing out content. 

How often are you posting on your social sites?  Have any tips or tricks to share? 

Read the full article here

8 REPLIES 8
Occasional Participant

Re: How Often Should You be Posting on Social

Knowing the right frequency in posting is the only way it can be done correctly. Since each social media sites is different.

Honored Contributor

That is very true!  What works for Twitter, won't work for most Facebook pages.  Testing different content and times is a great way to find out what works for you and your audience.  

Thanks for posting! 

Contributing Solution Provider

It's different for each of my clients.

We run analytics on everything. 

Facebook - we measure likes on page; lilkes on posts, shares- time of day

Twitter - New followers, favorites, shares - time of day

LinkedIn - Comments on discussions, likes on posts - time of day

Same for all other social sites.

Emails - opens, re-opens, clicks - time of day 

From this information we have developed a spreadsheet for each client and create their posts and emails around their best times.

Puzzle Master, Solutions Consultant
Niche Marketing Strategy, Solutions & Support for the solopreneurs; small and mid-sized companies.
Publisher, Author, Speaker

Solutions, not just answers.
One Size does NOT fit all.
Solutions to fit your niche, your business and your budget.
Honored Contributor

Great feedback @Sumner! Thanks for sharing what works for you with your clients!

Occasional Participant

The frequency of posting in each day is important for showing trend popularity. To post on the internet everyday is the way of making marketing also. Just once per day is enough, I think.

I recently spent 2 days at the Facebook developers conference. For Facebook at least, it depends less on how many times you post and more on what you post.

If your content is engaging and you only post once, you may get enough attention to stay in the view of your followers.
If you post a dozen times a day with nothing of value, not only will people begin to ignore you, you will lose ranking in the timeline of your friends/follwers.

Sumner

Niche Marketing Strategy, Solutions & Support for the solopreneurs; small and mid-sized companies.

Occasional Advisor

Posting on social media is very big concern in the respect of egagement of viewers or readers. But the thing is engagement of viewers or followers depend upon how much your content is relevent to the followers and what are they expecting from you. Platform can be different and presentation of the content would be different but the main thing what you want to tell is remain same on all platforms.

I agree that the platforms and presentation of the content may be different, however, telling the exact same thing on every platform, ie: simply copy and paste the exact words can get all the posts ignored by followers. If they see the exact thing on each platform, they will cease following or reading what is posted because it will appear redundant. If you post the same Subject matter or topic but different content, they will continue to follow you and read your posts everywhere.

For instance, after each Google or social media developer conference I attend, I send an email with notes to my clients, I follow that up on each platform addressing additional information on the subject, complete with solutions. Followed that up with additional updates or answers to someones question.  So the topic is the same but the content is different.  Each post and article also has links to the other posts so they can be followed. This buiilds and engages my followers on all platforms.

I run traffic and engagement analytics on all website, emails, blog and social media sites. This way I can see what is working and what is falling short. 

Wishing you awesome and continuing success,

Sumner