cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How QR Codes will Help Your Small Business Grow

Contributing Solution Provider

How QR Codes will Help Your Small Business Grow

You may have seen those quirky black and white squares like the one below popping up everywhere. What are they? How do you use them? And how can they help your small business?

QR Code for Our Team

The What, How and Who of QR Codes

• A QR code (short for Quick Response) is a two-dimensional bar code which has encoded within it a website address, text, or other information.
  • Chances are you don't own a dedicated QR barcode reader. That's not a problem, because it's easy to use the camera on your smartphone as a barcode reader. Just download an appropriate phone app, such as the one at www.scan.mobi, and take a picture of the code. Voila! Instant access to the information. Try it out with the QR code above. (Hint: You'll discover what I like to do in my spare time!)
  • While snapping pictures of QR codes may be fun, QR codes are serious business. Big companies are already marketing with QR codes, and they can help your small business grow too.  

In my blog post next month, I’ll share some creative ways to use QR Codes for your small business—including a new Constant Contact feature.  

Thanks for reading!

Signature

Maureen Dudley

Dudley & Nunez Communications

Maureen Dudley
Master Certified Solution Provider
12 REPLIES 12
Trusted Contributor

Re: How QR Codes will Help Your Small Business Grow

Thank you for sharing this information and for starting out our member blog! We are excited to have a place for your expertise and ideas on marketing to be shared.

I have heard a story of one of our customers who got a QR code tattooed on her arm - if someone wonders how invested small business owners are, that's pretty clear evidence! I don't know if I'd go that far, but QR codes seem to be gaining momentum. Thanks for starting the conversation.

Rosalind Morville

Rosalind, Thanks for reading and taking the time to leave a comment. My next post will include ways to use QR codes, but I must admit I had not thought of tattoos!
Maureen Dudley
Occasional Participant

Among all types of barcode ,I like QR code best.I've tried lots of online QR code generators and readers. These are by far my favorite tools for making and reading QR codes .I have found a free barCode scannerto make my own barcodes for products and it is really convenient and useful.http://www.keepautomation.com/products/word_barcode/barcodes/qrcode.html I just want to share it with you, everybody, maybe you can try it someday

Daisyw6, Thanks for taking the time to read, comment, and share!

Maureen Dudley
Not applicable

QR code is a great invention people made. I'm making mobile apps currently and find it really cool to implement QR codes into them. I'm amazed at QR code coupons www.Snappii.com app builder allows to create. They are really helpful for small businesses.

Alexandrakwc--

Thanks for reading.

Maureen Dudley
Participating Solution Provider

QR codes are ideal engagement generators.  A perfect example is the placement of a QR code on a Facebook "Like us" sign in a store.  The QR code leads the user to the business' Facebook page where the "Like" button is prominent.  Easy way to grow a Facebook fan base!

David Fischer
Solutions for Growth

SolutionsForGrowth,

Great example. My blog post next month is going to feature even more ways to use QR codes. Thanks for reading!

Maureen Dudley
Highlighted
Advisor

Maureen,

Nice summary.

I think it is worth pointing out that QR codes are very powerful, but you have to do them right. A common failure for many companies is to assume that a QR Code is a magic bullet, fixing everything that is wrong with your regular website and making it mobile friendly.

I have several examples on my blog where companies have failed at this (good reading if you want to learn from their mistakes): 

Improving It: Aspen QR Code review - 100% fail!

Improving It: QR Code Blunders #2: Heinz Ketchup - Our Turn to Serve

Improving It: QR Code Blunders #1: Beck's Vier Ireland

Phil

Phil Ayres

Principle - Consected