cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Easily Track Your Website Traffic

Participating Solution Provider

How To Easily Track Your Website Traffic

Unfortunately, many of the tools out there for website tracking also contribute to the problem. Google Analytics is the tool that most web designers are familiar with and the one that most of them will install when building a website for small business owners. Unfortunately, it’s also the most intimidating to use!

However, tracking your visitors is very important! You aren’t going to know if you are getting results until you find out what is and what isn’t working for you. If you aren’t tracking your website traffic, one social media site might be sending all of your traffic and you wouldn’t even know it!

• How much traffic does your website typically get?
  • What days of the week are your visitors going to your website?
  • What pages are they looking at
  • How did they find your website?
  • Where are they located?
  • How long are they staying on your website?
  • If you are paying for advertising, is it working? Which ads are working best?
  • If you are selling anything on the site, or you have an opt in form for your newsletter, how are your customers finding out about it?
  • Which social media channels are getting you the best results?
  • If you are sending out an email newsletter, which blog posts are your subscribers reading?
  • What devices are they using? Mostly on a computer? Tablet? Cell Phone?

Clicky Web AnalyticsI’ve used several different tools over the years to track my traffic, some good and some not so good. I recently discovered a powerful website traffic tracking tool calledClicky that’s easy to use and very accurate. They have a free and a paid version. For most small business owners, you can get away with using the free version, but I’ll tell you about the features of each.

The following videos will show you exactly step by step how to get started with Clicky and how to read the traffic reports.

This first video will show you how to sign up with Clicky and add it to your website.

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

In this video, I will show you how to read the reports in Clicky and what they mean

This final video is for advanced users. If you are tracking email opt ins or are selling anything on your website, you need to set up goals. This video will show you exactly how to set up goals and how to read the report.

I hope these videos help you get started with tracking your website visitors. It’s a simple process.

The one drawback of Clicky is they don’t have a mobile app.

For most of you, the free version of Clicky Web Analytics is more than enough. However, if you are using the goal tracking to track ecommerce, are doing tracking your opt ins to your newsletter, or are doing any paid advertising, it’s well worth it to spend a little bit for the paid version of Clicky. Try it out and let me know in the comments below what your experiences are.

This article originally appeared on the Mr. Leads blog.

Constant Contact partner and LinkedIn expert.

Author of Mr. Leads LinkedIn Bootcamp
Constant Contact partner and LinkedIn expert.

Author of Mr. Leads LinkedIn Bootcamp
Tags (2)