Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Use Constant Contact With A CRM

Highlighted
Participating Solution Provider

How To Use Constant Contact With A CRM

Use CTCT with CRM.png

At my Constant Contact seminars, attendees consistently ask me if Constant Contact is a CRM system.

While Constant Contact is not a true CRM, it does have some CRM functionality.

In this article, I will tell you a little more about what a CRM is, how Constant Contact relates to CRM tools, and how you can use Constant Contact and CRM tools together.

First, let’s define what a CRM is. CRM is short for Customer Relationship Management. A CRM helps you understand your customers, your clients and your team.

With Constant Contact, you can do a few basic CRM types of functions. For example, with Constant Contact, you are able to enter names, email addresses, company info, social media profiles, and notes. You can also search through your contacts and pull up their contact information.

Constant Contact also allows for tagging of your contacts.

More importantly, with Constant Contact, you can view your previous email campaigns and see who interacted with each campaign. From there, you can tag the contact for further follow up. This follow up could be an additional email campaign, a one on one email communication, a direct mail piece or simply a phone call.

However, I would not define Constant Contact as a full CRM system.

According to the Zapier blog, most CRM systems have a combination of the following tools:

• Contact: The simplest of all, Contacts are the records for the people you’ve listed in your CRM. Just like in your address book, they can contain the names and personal info of your customers and clients. You’ll likely also see Company and/or Account in your CRM; these are specialized contacts for the organizations you work with, and you’ll likely link your individual contacts to a Company or Account.
  • Lead: Some contacts are special: they seem likely to want to do business with your team in the future. Leads are these special people, to whom you’ll want to pay particular attention.
  • Opportunity: Turns out, that lead was really interested, and you think you’re going to be able to sell them your product or service. Now they’re an Opportunity, and you’ll want to list info about what exactly this opportunity is and track it in your CRM.
  • Quote: You’ve worked with a Contact, turned that Lead into an Opportunity, and now you’re almost ready to make a deal—and so you’ll Quote them a price and the service or products they’ll get for it. That’s what Quotes are for—and no, it’s not the place to store your inspiring business quotations.
  • Deal: Everything worked out and you’ve sold your product—or perhaps it didn’t, and the Opportunity fell through. You’ll track both of those with Deals, which will show your Won and Lost Deals.
  • Profiles: Typically, these would be the people inside your own company that are using your CRM app. Each of them may have a Role, or a particular set of permissions in the app.
  • Campaign: Marketing is one of the main reasons you’d use a CRM, and Campaigns refer to your marketing campaigns. As such, they’d list the contacts and companies most crucial to your next marketing campaign, along with results, notes, and more.
  • Tag: Similar to tags in Gmail or metadata on your photos, tags give you a way to add extra info to a Contact, Deal, or anything else in your company. This extra data gives you more ways to filter and sort through your CRM.
  • Activity: Activity in a CRM typically refers to anything that’s happened in the app—new Deals, Contacts, Opportunities, or perhaps just a message from your colleagues. They’ll usually be listed in a Facebook-like news feed so you can look over them easily.

Before you decide on a CRM system for your business, you need to ask yourself what you want your CRM system to do for you. How will it make you more productive?

There are dozens of CRM systems on the market today and each one operates a little bit differently. You need to determine which features are best for how you operate, the size of your team and your budget. Used correctly, a CRM will make you more productive.

For small business owners, there are dozens of CRM tools on the market right now and choosing one can be overwelming.

Currently, I use one called Less Annoying CRM. It’s simple and easy to use and the price is very reasonable, $10 a month for unlimited contacts. They offer a 30 day trial, but if you use my referral link here, they will extend that to 60 days.

Less Annoying CRM is one of dozens of CRM tools on the market today. Inthis article on the Zapier blog, you can read reviews of 25 of the most popular CRM products.

Most CRM tools come with a free trial and you should try 2 or 3 of them out before making a final decision for your business.

You may be wondering if you will need to enter the information multiple times. Luckily, tools like Zapier and Cazoomi allow you to sync up your CRM data with your Constant Contact list. Enter it once and you are good to go!

Having a CRM is a great system once you get the hang of it. I’m much more organized than I was in the past.

Need help getting your CRM to work with Constant Contact?

Reach out to me with your question and I’ll help you figure it out.

This article originally appeared on the Mr. Leads Blog

Constant Contact partner and LinkedIn expert.

Author of Mr. Leads LinkedIn Bootcamp
6 REPLIES 6
Valued Developer

Re: How To Use Constant Contact With A CRM

Carlos, great post & this is my favorite quote from it; 

"Thousands of businesses love using Less Annoying CRM!  Let's face it, business software is annoying."

I would concur as Cazoomi runs entirely on Google today for our business. KISS philosophy

The write-up also mentioned, "You may be wondering if you will need to enter the information multiple times. Luckily, tools like Zapier and Cazoomi allow you to sync up your CRM data with your Constant Contact list. Enter it once and you are good to go!"

Just want to be clear that both Zapier and Cazoomi do not sync to this CRM yet, however their CRM does have an API which looks pretty simple as well so I guess if there's demand from Constant Contact folks we can add it.

See 25+ Apps we do integrate to Constant Contact on Constant Contact today.

API: https://www.lessannoyingcrm.com/help/topic/API_Example_Code_PHP

Live demo:

https://www.lessannoyingcrm.com/app/Guide

Importing your Contact data is simple too via CSV - https://www.lessannoyingcrm.com/account/import/

~Clint

@cazoomi

~Clint
@cazoomi
Occasional Visitor

Hello!

I recently created a free Zapier hybrid of Constant Contact and Survey Monkey but can't seem to figure out how to bring survey's from Survey Monkey and email them to my constant Contact lists. Any suggestions? And similarly I wanted to created a Salesforce/ Constant Contact Zap. Any information would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!!

Janelle

Sales and Marketing Admin

IDT 

Participating Solution Provider

Sorry Janelle,

Don't know what to say to help you. I use Constant Contact's built in survey tool that comes in the plaus package, so I don't have a need for Survey Monkey.

Constant Contact partner and LinkedIn expert.

Author of Mr. Leads LinkedIn Bootcamp

Hi

I recently created a free Zapier hybrid of Constant Contact and Survey Monkey but can't seem to figure out how to bring survey's from Survey Monkey and email them to my constant Contact lists. Any suggestions? And similarly I wanted to created a Salesforce/ Constant Contact Zap. Any information would be greatly appreciated. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Valued Developer

First-NameL0393,  Easy to use for new data integration here https://zapier.com/zapbook/constant-contact/salesforce/ and many of our subscribers use Zapier as well.

For a complete bidirectional, data migration and sync solution head to SyncApps.

~Clint
@cazoomi

So I cannot use Less Annoying CRM and sync it with my Constant Contact? That is what I am gathering form the post... I am looking for a CRM that works well with Constant Contact besides SalesForce. I was lil bummed that Less Annoying doesnt sync as I used the trail and liked it. Thanks so much and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.