cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many times a month do you send out emails

Occasional Participant

I have been sending out a weekly email.  I don't want it to get boring.  We send out the happy hour and bar specials and highlight the 3 locations we have.  Any ideas of what else we should try
7 REPLIES 7
Occasional Advisor

If you take reservations and see they are down for a particular day in the near future - then you can send out and email with coupons for a discount, etc for just that day to increase your sales/capacity.
Occasional Advisor

It depends on your audience and what you are marketing. As a general rule no more then once per week and usually twice per month works best. However this is where the survey tools comes in nicely. Do a survey to see what your customers want, daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly etc and then listen to their advice. This is the beauty of web 2.0 it's interactive not just a one way shout it out approach.
Occasional Participant

I send mine out monthly. No complaints, no one asking for it more often. People have enough junk to sift through and I surely don't want to become junk to them.
Occasional Participant

Weekly or biweekly newsletters are best. You want to always be in front of your customers so that they think of you first. Now, the key to keeping your emails interesting is to provide more than just your weekly specials or promotions. The purpose of the ezine is to be 'top of mind' and to create a connection or bond with your audience. In my restaurant, the customers loved my emails. I would use pictures and videos to keep it exciting. Actually, some of my emails brought customers to tears.......it can be a really powerful marketing tool when used correctly. Any other questions, Terri@buildyourholisticpractice.com I'm happy to help, Terri
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Yes I dont want unsubscribers so I send out a Monthly events promotion newsletter with a monthly competition AND winners from the previous month to prove that signing up is worthwhile

Occasional Advisor

Re: How many times a month do you send out emails

I have only been sending out a short text email every few months to more or less promote a 'Giveaway' type topic on our site.

For example the last thing we gave away on our forum was a Fluke Multimeter.

I would send out a short all text email with a link to the topic URL were they could sign up for the giveaway.

I would like to start sending them out monthly. 

The last time I did this it was to about 7,000 forum members. I always get 3-4 people that ask to be removed from our mailing list. I would remove them manually and reply to there email letting them know that they have been removed.

Between the members of our two websites we now have a total of 11,500 members emails. I have been looking for something to help me better manage them before I send any more 'newletters' out.

I have been playing around on the constant contact site today for hours and I think it may just be the ticket! :smileyface:

Occasional Visitor

Re: How many times a month do you send out emails

I find that sending a monthly email is great way to give my prospects an update on the real estate market.  And they seem to appreciate my updates.