cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Remove Yourself from a Twitter List

Solution Provider

How to Remove Yourself from a Twitter List

Today, I just gave some attention to a part of Twitter that I've pretty much ignored - lists. Yes, I've created a slew of lists, but I rarely go back to them unless I am doing some research on a particular subject or industry expert.

While I was checking my notifications, I noticed someone had added me to a Twitter list that would be more appropriate for my personal Twitter account.  When I clicked on the list hoping to find a way to remove myself from it, much to my surprise, there was not a way to do so. That's when I decided to pay a visit to my good friend  Google. I found a great article there, "How To: Remove Yourself From Stupid Twitter Lists" by Aaron Lee.

Here are the steps that Aaron shared with us:

1. Click on the Twitter list that you’ve been listed on.

2. Click on the user/Twitterer that created that list

3. Click BLOCK

4. Click UNBLOCK

5. Done! Check your Twitter list and you’re not in the ... list that you don’t want anymore.

Voilà, I am no longer in that list.

In addition to learning how to remove myself from a Twitter list, I also learned that there are some people - who I've never come in contact with - who have put me on Twitter lists with some top notch marketing and social Media experts. One of which is called "Cool & Clever People" by @ContentPlus. What an honor to be called cool
and clever at the same time! :-)

P.S. - Guess who I added to my list of cool & clever people? None other than @AskAaronLee! Thanks Aaron, you saved the day.

How+To+Remove+Yourself+from+a+Twitter+List+Romona+Foster+Social+Media+Trainer+Constant+Contact+Seminars.gif
Romona Foster
Social Media Trainer & Constant Contact Authorized Local Expert
www.admintechconsulting.com
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!