cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link my newsletter to my website, facebook, etc

SOLVED
CTCT Employee

How to link my newsletter to my website, facebook, etc

Here is a question from a nonprofit in one of Constant Contact's live nonprofit webinars...

How to easily link Constant Contact newsletters to my webpage, facebook and how to use these and maybe twitter effectively to get responses by volunteers?

1) You can share on your webpage using the permanent short URL provided or by using Email Archive.

2) When a campaign is sent, you can share it on social media pages like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn using Social Share!

Caroline Shahar
6 REPLIES 6

Re: How to link my newsletter to my website, facebook, etc

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the Share Social Links bar to actually link to my Facebook page. I know how to go to the Header box (Header Options), and when you click on it, it gives you the option to click the box next to Social Share Links. Once that is selected the bar for the various sites appears at the top of the email. However, how do I get it to where when someone actually clicks the Facebook "Likes" button, that it goes to my Facebook page instead of just opening the email up in a browser like it does right now?

Thanks.

UPDATED: March 2018

Hi Joshua,

Thanks for posting. It sounds like you are using the Social Share bar, which is great to allow your recipients to share your email but there are social icons you can include in your email that will allow you to link to your personal sites. 

In any third-generation email campaign, click and drag a "Social" block from the left sidebar to anywhere in your email.

2018-03-26_14-49-26.jpg

After the block is positioned in your email, click on it and choose the "Edit" option on the task bar that appears. This will display the "Social Block Settings" on the left-hand side. Make sure to select "Share on your readers' pages" if you want them to be able to share your email to their own social pages.

2018-03-26_14-54-21.jpg

Then when your email is received, recipients will be able to share away! Click here for more on the social sharing feature in the third-generation editor.

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Highlighted

Hi there, I have a question, 

Often in our newsletters, we will have a variety of information.  We also do include a small first paragraph of any new blog posts.  So if we add the newsletter to our website, will it be considered duplicate content?  It is a small paragraph of around 40 words.  

Thank you!

Fee

CTCT Employee

Hi Fee. I think that if you link to your blog posts from your newsletter, and then post your newsletter on the website, it's less double-dipping your content and more giving your posts a second outing. In other words, I think it's probably perfectly fine to do that.

Jeff Gilson
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Tags (3)
Occasional Visitor

Hi Caroline,

I'm not able to find the "Email Archive" section. Where do I go to find that? It's not on my email tab. I'm trying to post my newsletters on my website. 

C

Honored Contributor

Hi @ChildrensTrustFundOregon 

Thanks for your question. I'll be sending you an email directly to your account on file.

This post thread is archived. Content is saved for education; however, it will not be updated with new links or images. If you need additional information please create a new post/message.