cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manage a free gift offer?

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

How to manage a free gift offer?

Any ideas on how to manage a successful "free gift offer"? To grow my contact list, I'm asking my contacts to "forward to a friend." In return, if the friend joins my email list I'll give each of them a copy of my book. How do I keep track of all this? How do I know who's forwarding to whom and who's responding to the offer? How do I inform the recipient that they'll receive a book if they join? Your suggestions are most welcome!!

6 REPLIES 6
Honored Contributor

Re: How to manage a free gift offer?

Hi Edward,

It's actually against the can spam act to offer an incentive for forwarding your email as it increases unsolicited email. When you have a moment, please edit any future emails to remove this offer.

If you're looking to grow your list, you may want to check out this FAQ.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant

I didn't see the harm in it if the recipient has the choice to subscribe or not. I'm glad I asked. Thank you for pointing that out. My success at getting contacts to forward to a friend is very low. Any ideas on how to nudge people or is the "Forward to a Friend" button the only solution?

Honored Contributor

Hi Edward,

Are you using any of our social media options? With Simple Share, you can easily share your email on Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin. Also, be share to use the Social Share bar in your emails so contacts can easily share your email.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Occasional Participant

yes, I'm doing all of that.

Honored Contributor

Do you have Join My Mailing List links on all of your social networking sites? If not, you can follow the steps in this FAQ for assistance with it - Click Here

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

Occasional Participant

Yes, I've done all that. Thanks for your help!