cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas for your next broadcast on Periscope

Solution Provider

Ideas for your next broadcast on Periscope

So you are now ready to start broadcasting on Periscope! Excited? Check! Got all the equipment? Check! Know what you are going to talk about? Well….

Sometimes the hardest part of the live broadcast journey to having content to share. Especially if you plan to scope more than once per week. So I am going to bring you not only some general ideas to get your creative juices flowing but also actual ideas and inspirations you can jump into today so you don’t have to wait to scope.

Let’s start with some things you can work on that pertain to your business or target interest:

1. Do you have a blog? You can repurpose your blog content as discussion topics for your broadcast. I have re-used many of the topics of my blog to create very valuable, entertaining and popular broadcast on Periscope.
  2. Are you an expert in your field? Considering give a tip of the day or news in your industry broadcast. One of my more popular scopes this past month was called “Annoying Social Media News” where I talked about 3 updates in the social media world that I didn’t really care for. My most popular scope to date was “How to make it as a social media manager” I had over 200 live Periscope viewers on at one time and over 1500 people tuned in over the app and the web. Don’t be afraid to showcase your expertise and be seen as a thought leader. Even if you are giving it all away, remember, it is only up for 24 hours.
  3. Do you have a class, a webinar or an e-course you are about to launch? Consider doing a series of broadcast leading up to your event to get people interested and excited!
  4. Do top X scope topics. Like “The top 8 tips for working from home” or “The top 5 yoga moves for pregnant women”. People love lists and they love when they know how many tips they are going to get. This also works with blog titles by the way.

Okay now that I have given you some really fun ways to showcase your special skills and come off as the expert in your field let's talk about other scope topics you can consider. Here is a list of 44 questions and topics you can use for your next scope:

• Why do you Periscope?
  • Who is your hero?
  • What have you read that angered you?
  • What is something you are very passionate about?
  • What are 5 things you wish to learn this year?
  • Share your favorite picture from this week.
  • What is your biggest challenge right now?
  • Where can people find you online? Share where people can follow you.
  • What is something you are putting off doing today?
  • Who are your 5 favorite periscope follows and why?
  • How do you stay productive?
  • Thank someone publicly on your scope
  • What have you read that inspired you?
  • If I wrote a book it would be about _________
  • Create a reply to a scope you watched today
  • What's on your to do list today?
  • What did you get done from you to do list yesterday?
  • My love affair with ________
  • What do you do when you are not online?
  • What are 5 blessings from today?
  • Share the best thing that happened to you last year.
  • How do you use Twitter?
  • What are you reading right now?
  • What is your favorite tool and how do you use it?
  • Name 5 people you want to meet
  • If I could do anything right now I would ________________
  • Review your favorite blog to read
  • What is the biggest issue you are dealing with today?
  • What is something you do everyday?
  • What is your biggest challenge this month?
  • My favorite thing about _______________
  • # point checklist to a better _______________
  • Share a day in your life.
  • What is your bad habit?
  • Scope a thank you to your top 5 watchers
  • The pros and cons of ____________________
  • The art of ______________
  • What is your favorite tool(s) or resource(s)?
  • Write a letter to your future self
  • What are 5 things you are thankful for today?
  • The 10 commandments of ___________________
  • Share a mistake you made recently
  • What is your favorite youtube video?
  • I wish I had the answer to _______________

Feel free to follow me on Periscope and see what I have going on. My Periscope username is @Stellar247 or you can check out my broadcast schedule and see when I go live at www.clubstellar.com/broadcast

Kelly Mirabella
Social Media consultant, trainer and speaker
Stellar Media Marketing
kelly@stellar247.com
Tags (1)