cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound/Outbound Marketing

Highlighted
Participating Solution Provider

Inbound/Outbound Marketing

Marketing today is in a state of flux.  The established marketing tools have lost some of their effectiveness but are still widely used.  The digital age has seen a bevy of new tools which have become popular and are increasing in their popularity.  What are the tools your business should use?  To help you decide, today’s blog is a brief summary of the existing/new marketing tools their advantages and their limitations.

Traditional Marketing / Outbound Marketing

The concept is to reach out to potential customers with the message:  “Here is my product/service and this is why I am great.  Call today”.  This is what is referred to as the “hard sell”. For the longest time that is all that was available.  Examples are cold calling, radio/TV advertising, direct mail, and print advertising and tradeshows.

The advantage is that is normally produces a quick response. It, however, does not build personal relationships with customers and can be very expensive.

Current Marketing/Inbound Marketing

The concept here is to 1 - build a relationship with your customers and 2 - establish yourself as an expert so that customers will contact you when they are in the market for your product/service.  Examples are Email Marketing, social media such as Facebook, LinkedIn, blogging and social networking.

The advantage these tools are that that they are not costly in terms of dollars. They are, however, long term items and may take a while before positive results occur.   Some of these can be very time consuming if you let them.   If you do them correctly they do not take that much time.

As to how to use them properly, just do a Google search and there will be tons of articles on proper techniques and strategies.

What is best? 

What are the best marketing tools for your companyThat depends upon your target market, budget, and what are you trying to achieve.   Most marketing experts recommend a mix and experimenting with those that you think will work.  I often hear “All you need is _________________”. Do not fall into the trap of putting all your eggs in one basket.   Take your time, experiment, learn and seek help.

If I can be of help to you, please feel free to contact me and I’ll be glad to hear from you.

Joseph Grillo
781-307-5258
jgrillo@jngassociates.com