cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instagram Updates: Hashtag an Emoji!

Highlighted

Instagram Updates: Hashtag an Emoji!

Have you heard about Instagram’s recent updates? You can now hashtag an emoji!

I’m a big Instagram user and an even bigger emoji user so I am psyched for this update! This will allow you to hashtag any combination of emoji’s and then view other images using the same hashtags. There are a few prohibited combinations due to Instagram’s prohibited content policy.

“Over the past few years, emoji have become part of a universal visual language. And just as we share photos and videos, we use emoji to communicate emotions and feelings in ways that anyone can understand, regardless of language or background. With emoji hashtags, you can discover even more by adding them to your own photos and videos, searching them on the Explore page and tapping on them when you see them in captions.” (Instagram)

Here is an example where I’ve hashtagged  “Dog” and “love” in addition to the other hashtags I might use on this type of image. I can click though the “dog love” hashtag and see thousands of other users using this hashtag.

image1.PNG

Also included in the update are three new filters; Lark, Reyes and Juno. According to Instagram, these were inspired by weekend adventures outdoors. Try them out when you share your next images!

For more information on these updates check out this post by Justin Lafferty on Social Times.

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Tags (3)