cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Snapchat the new gateway to Millennials?

Highlighted
Participating Solution Provider

Is Snapchat the new gateway to Millennials?

If you read my post last month on Periscope you will know that despite its' impressive growth and usage to date I have been staying away from it so far. I have another confession to make, I have also been doing the same with Snapchat.

However after reading a recent article on socialmediatoday.com ,  I must admit that I have been inspired to keep my eye on what is going on on Snapchat especially as it relates to Millennials.

Here are the stats that peaked my interest:

According to  Carlos Gil Social Media Today contributor, with 100+ million daily active users, and 6 billion daily video views, Snapchat is one of the fastest growing social networks. Once thought of as an app used only by teens, more than 60% of 13-34-year-olds in the U.S. are now active users, a demographic which is expected to outspend Baby Boomers by 2017.With 100+ million daily active users, and 6 billion daily video views, Snapchat is one of the fastest growing social networks. Once thought of as an app used only by teens, more than 60% of 13-34-year-olds in the U.S. are now active users, a demographic which is expected to outspend Baby Boomers by 2017.

Additionally here are Carlos' own experiences with Snapchat:

• 80% higher engagement throughout my daily story over other social networks
  • 30% increase in my YouTube channel subscribers
  • Increased traffic to my website
  • Collectively grown all complimentary platforms due relationship building and audience being dialed-in
  • 25% increase of my email list subscriptions

Read the entire article here!

With 100+ million daily active users, and 6 billion daily video views, Snapchat is one of the fastest growing social networks. Once thought of as an app used only by teens, more than 60% of 13-34-year-olds in the U.S. are now active users, a demographic which is expected to outspend Baby Boomers by 2017. If you're trying to reach this audience, then Snapchat is the sandbox you need to be playing in. 

I've personally been on Snapchat since 2013 and watching its evolution has been incredible - here's a snapshot of the results I have seen:

• Collectively grown all complimentary platforms due relationship building and audience being dialed-in
- See more at: http://www.socialmediatoday.com/marketing/snapchat-business-how-reach-millennials-through-storytelli...

With 100+ million daily active users, and 6 billion daily video views, Snapchat is one of the fastest growing social networks. Once thought of as an app used only by teens, more than 60% of 13-34-year-olds in the U.S. are now active users, a demographic which is expected to outspend Baby Boomers by 2017. If you're trying to reach this audience, then Snapchat is the sandbox you need to be playing in. 

I've personally been on Snapchat since 2013 and watching its evolution has been incredible - here's a snapshot of the results I have seen:

- See more at: http://www.socialmediatoday.com/marketing/snapchat-business-how-reach-millennials-through-storytelli...

Sincerely,
Petia A. Bradshaw, MBA