cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Your 'About Us' Page Effective?

Honored Contributor

Is Your 'About Us' Page Effective?

I read a post yesterday on MarketingProfs about how to make your website’s About Us section work to your benefit.  Treat your homepage and your About Us page as if they were the only 2 pages on your website that a customer or client will see.  I’m going to share the Winning Formula that Kevin B. Levi shares in the article below, but to read how to make it effective, definitely check out the full article.

Kevin B. Levi’s Winning Formula

1.  A 25-word elevator pitch that tells visitors what type of business you are, what you offer, who you are targeting, what makes you special, and what value you provide
  2. Your most differentiating key message about your unique experience, skills, product or service, customer base, etc.
  3. Your second most differentiating key message about your unique experience, skills, product or service, customer base, approach or technique, etc.
  4. A brief company description explaining who you are, where you’re based, how long you’ve been in businesses, what your philosophy or business promise is, what the highlights of your experience have been, etc.

Don’t get fooled into thinking that your About Us page is just #4 and print your About Us draft, compare it to your competitors.  Think like you are your customer; would you want to buy from you based on your About Us page?

Share your About Us page with us!

What do you consider when making your About Us page? 

Is that as important to your website as your products or services you offer?  It should be.

1 REPLY 1
Honored Contributor

Re: Is Your 'About Us' Page Effective?

I was hoping to see some others jump in but I'll start it up here goes. 

I am a one man company so its more like an "about me" page. 

Clique Marketing About Me page.